Program planner is not working

desidoc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
I started using program planner to record programs in my new Liteon 5005 DVD recoreder, it worked fine for 2 days and then it is not working properly. Has anybody having the same problems any fixes? :confused:

I already did that , I will try again tonight see what happens

Update on the Planner. I just resubscribed to PlayboyHD since I purchased my new Panasonic Hard drive/DVD recorder so I can timeshift and the Voom box will NOT do a Program Planner for PlayboyHD. I tried it on both boxes and when I hit the Yellow button nothing happens, it appears to lock up the stb. The only way out is to hit the Power button to shut it off. Any other channel works fine.

Whazzup with that? Is PlayboyHD protected somehow?

DarrellP said:
Update on the Planner. I just resubscribed to PlayboyHD since I purchased my new Panasonic Hard drive/DVD recorder so I can timeshift and the Voom box will NOT do a Program Planner for PlayboyHD. I tried it on both boxes and when I hit the Yellow button nothing happens, it appears to lock up the stb. The only way out is to hit the Power button to shut it off. Any other channel works fine.

Whazzup with that? Is PlayboyHD protected somehow?

This is weird. I will check tonight DarrellP to see if it happens.

Samething happened to me. Tried using the program planner with Playboy and the whole thing looks up. Whats also weird is that when I turn the box off it goes back to the last channel it was on on the the last standby.

Was there a secret update?

Ilya,

I do not think you have this bug documented. This is a bug. Like Darrellp describe Program Planner does not work with Playboy HD and it locks up the stb. The only way to unlock the stb is turn the power off.

Sean Mota said:
Ilya,
I do not think you have this bug documented. This is a bug. Like Darrellp describe Program Planner does not work with Playboy HD and it locks up the stb. The only way to unlock the stb is turn the power off.
I don't have the Playboy channel to verify this myself, but is this happening to everyone? Can anyone set the program planner for Playboy without getting a lockup?

Ilya said:
I don't have the Playboy channel to verify this myself, but is this happening to everyone? Can anyone set the program planner for Playboy without getting a lockup?

You can't. The yellow button does not respond. I tried but got locked up.

Ok, I have added this to the list of bugs and notified VOOM engineers. I am sure they will love to test this one ;)

I tried it again last night and the same thing happened. After I powered off and back on, I went in and set a Program Planner for a Rush program and it worked fine.

I wonder if the ratings has anything to do with it? Is there a way to alter them? I've never explored this area of the stb since I have no reason to.

So that I understand it correctly, the lockup happens immediately when you press the yellow button, correct?
Does it matter whether you do this through the SurfBar or through the PG?

When I press the Yellow button, nothing happens and then nothing else responds except the Power button, that is the only way out. I haven't tried it through the Guide, just the Surfbar.

I tried to program a Cinemax NR-Adult rated program and it worked fine. It is only Playboy that is not working with the program planner. Is it the same reason it no longer lists an HD channel on the channel guide as well?

Is Playboy going PPV only.... curious minds want to know...

Sean Mota said:
what do you mean? The PG information?
None of the Playboy channels have HD designation in the program guide...

Matt McLean said:
Tried using the program planner with Playboy and the whole thing looks up. Whats also weird is that when I turn the box off it goes back to the last channel it was on on the the last standby.
I saw this too. I think when the box locked up (crashed) it failed to save the last tuned channel, so the previously saved channel number was used. Even though the SAT button on the remote seems to work after this specific lockup, rebooting the STB seems like a good idea.

If a program on Playboy is not in HD, it will not list it as HD. This is one thing I really like about the Voom guide because my locals are almost always accurate regarding an HD broadcast. IE: Ace Ventura was HD on WB this past week and my Voom guide showed it as HD, but does not show anything else as HD unless it is HD. Contrast this with ESPNHD where almost all shows have an HD designation but are not actually HD.

DarrellP said:
If a program on Playboy is not in HD, it will not list it as HD. This is one thing I really like about the Voom guide because my locals are almost always accurate regarding an HD broadcast. IE: Ace Ventura was HD on WB this past week and my Voom guide showed it as HD, but does not show anything else as HD unless it is HD. Contrast this with ESPNHD where almost all shows have an HD designation but are not actually HD.
I agree with the above, but it seems strange that none of the programs on PB are marked "HD". Have they stopped showing HD programs completely?

Ilya said:
I agree with the above, but it seems strange that none of the programs on PB are marked "HD". Have they stopped showing HD programs completely?

Yes, they are still showing the same shows that were HD before as HD. It is just that the PG has no HD designation now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts