Program Remote

Carl987

Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
East Coast
I am trying to
figure out how to connect my DVD recorder.
I have used RCA cables. Pretty sure I did
the wiring right. Then I programed the remote
with the DVD recorder. According to instructions
I did that right. But when I try to use the DVD
recorder to control the TV,a message appears
saying,I am now set to control my TV with my
DVD remote. To control your TV with dish press
Sat button. But It will not let me control with the
DVD remote. My DVD is a Sony Model RDR-
GXD455. I have Dish model VIP622DVR. Any
help would be appreciated. Thank You

I am trying to
figure out how to connect my DVD recorder.
I have used RCA cables. Pretty sure I did
the wiring right. Then I programed the remote
with the DVD recorder. According to instructions
I did that right. But when I try to use the DVD
recorder to control the TV,a message appears
saying,I am now set to control my TV with my
DVD remote. To control your TV with dish press
Sat button. But It will not let me control with the
DVD remote. My DVD is a Sony Model RDR-
GXD455. I have Dish model VIP622DVR. Any
help would be appreciated. Thank You
Are you trying to control the 622 with the DVD remote? Is your 622 set to address #1 that usually is necessary for universal remotes?

I am trying to control my 622 with my DVD remote. I don't know how to set my 622 to address #1. Any help on that would also be appreciated. Thank You

I am trying to control my 622 with my DVD remote. I don't know how to set my 622 to address #1. Any help on that would also be appreciated. Thank You

You have things a bit backwards. Use the 622 remote to control the DVD. You can not use a DVD remote for the 622.

Hello, this is Mike LeMar with DISH Network. The best way to do this would be to program the DISH Network remote to the DVD player. However, if you do wish to use the DVD remote on our receiver to change the remote address to #1, you will need to:

-Open door on right-hand side of receiver and press the system info button once.
-On the DISH remote, press and hold the "SAT" button in the top left of remote, and hold it until all other mode lights at top of remote light up. When you let go, just "SAT" should be flashing.
-When SAT is flashing, press the "1" on the keypad, followed by "#"
-SAT will blink three times
-Press "record" on the DISH remote three times.

Now after you do all of this, at the bottom of the screen, the primary remote address should have a number "1" in the white box.

Hope that helps and let us know if you have any other questions!

Hello, this is Mike LeMar with DISH Network. The best way to do this would be to program the DISH Network remote to the DVD player. However, if you do wish to use the DVD remote on our receiver ...
Not possible, Mike.

Some universal remotes will work with DISH Network receivers. Normally, in order for the non-DISH universal remote to work, the remote address in the receiver would need to be changed to a #1. At the same time, we are not able to guarantee that a non-DISH remote will have functionality with a DISH receiver.

Hope that helps!

Harmony remotes work quite well with Dish and have the ability to use any and all Dish remote addresses....

Hi there, folks. Anthony Thomas with DISH Network Customer Service. Just jumping in on an awesome post by Bobby. Harmony by Logitech is argueably the best "all inclusive" remote on the market, in my opinion. To keep with the forum though, I agree with MikeL on using the DISH remote to control the dvd-recorder, as what would need to happen to use a device manufacturers remote may get things a bit sticky. Other then macro-command remotes like Universal or function-based remotes like Harmony, you would probably have to go towards the remote manufacturer to get the "How to" scoop.

I think there may be more to this post then meets the eye though. The original post was when the dvd-recorder was to "control the tv" which I assume means change channels via the dvd-recorder. That won't happen, as the channels can only change on the DISH Network box, or the tuner that is being used. The recording device in this case is actually a slave to anything it tries to record from, not the other way around (unless using a built-in digital tuner on the recorder itself with an OTA signal). Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts