programing access fee?

dlh1435

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
what is this?it has appeared on my bill for the first time.and they are charging me 5.00.

thanks

Do you have 2 boxes and do you own the 2nd box? If you lease there won't be a access fee. Directv call's it a mirror fee.

no that's not it.

He probably has a 2 room receiver that didn't call in

That is exactly what it is.

"Programing access fee" = 2nd tuner fee on dual output receivers (waived if receiver phones home)

In other words you need to plug in the telephone line to dual tuner boxes to avoid the $5.00 fee. There should also be a popup coming up on the screen stating this fact.

That is exactly what it is.

"Programing access fee" = 2nd tuner fee on dual output receivers (waived if receiver phones home)

I have a DVR 522 that is in a room where there is no phone line access so I have just left it go and I see this fee on my bill. I can periodically move the 522 to another room and plug it into the phone line and connect to satellite dish. If I did this, would the charges go away? And how often would I need to do this? To run a phone line to this particular room would be very hard, but I have no problem taking the receiver every so often to the other room just to have it "check in". When I do move it to the other room, do I just run Diags and click on the "Dial Out" (or how do i force it to do a "check in") or is there a time period that it needs to be hooked up?

Thanks Guys!!

I have a DVR 522 that is in a room where there is no phone line access so I have just left it go and I see this fee on my bill. I can periodically move the 522 to another room and plug it into the phone line and connect to satellite dish. If I did this, would the charges go away? And how often would I need to do this? To run a phone line to this particular room would be very hard, but I have no problem taking the receiver every so often to the other room just to have it "check in". When I do move it to the other room, do I just run Diags and click on the "Dial Out" (or how do i force it to do a "check in") or is there a time period that it needs to be hooked up?

Thanks Guys!!

RCA Wireless Modem/Phone Jack RC930
eBay: RCA Wireless Modem/Phone Jack RC930 (item 160133703655 end time Jul-06-07 16:07:12 PDT)

it looks like it trys to call out on the first of the month now, it used to be my bill date

you can see a status schedule date by going to menu 6-3 and selecting counters

i think you can even do the dial out yourself if there's one pending

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts