Programmers To Ops: Higher Fees Coming

When Sandra Bullock gets 200 Million dollars to make one movie and that does not include other actors and costs, the cost of programming just goes up from there. Where will it end Nobody is worth 200m for three months work. Retransmission is just another of many problems. Just do away with broadcast stations and let the networks be cable channels.

When Sandra Bullock gets 200 Million dollars to make one movie and that does not include other actors and costs, the cost of programming just goes up from there. Where will it end Nobody is worth 200m for three months work. Retransmission is just another of many problems. Just do away with broadcast stations and let the networks be cable channels.

!protest
I do not wish my "free" TV channels to go away. Because when the prices do get too high, I have an outdoor antenna and 20+ channels at $0.00 for receiving these signals. Plus, my local news would not be on any cable channel.

I don't think that the movie actors are causing the fees to go up. Besides Premium movie packs are already ala carte. You can buy them or NOT. Now the sports channels ARE causing the fees to go up. Espn is $4.50 per sub per month and they want an increase everytime they come up for renewal. Espn is in every basic programming pack there is ,except for the family packs. This is what is driving the price increases. The sad thing is that the neworks like ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox are now starting to ask for the same kind of increases from cable/satellite subs too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts