programming 811 for locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steve617

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
I just got my OTA antenna today and I am very happy to get several channels. I have to rotate my antenna then I do a scan to see what it will pick up. It dont seem very user friendly when trying to save the channels when I have to rescan. I seem to loose the saved ones. I fiannly figured you have to check the channels when you rescan but still seems like its easy to loose the scaned channels. Anyway I have all my channels written down. I pressed add DTV and thought I could add the manually but I could not access the blank field. Any suggestions or tips to make things easier.

Thanks

Steve

I spoke to a dish Tech support and he said after I do the scan I will need to do the rest manually

Steve

The HD receivers are designed to work with a directional antenna that doesn' t rotate. The scanning principle is very similar to the one in most TVs that scan for active channels. Signal strength is a very important factor here. If you want more OTA digital channels (assuming you are in an area where you receive adequate signal strength from those around you that you rotate to - get an omnidirectional antenna that picks up from all directions, then do your scan. I think you will find a very different result.

steve617 said:
I just got my OTA antenna today and I am very happy to get several channels. I have to rotate my antenna then I do a scan to see what it will pick up. It dont seem very user friendly when trying to save the channels when I have to rescan. I seem to loose the saved ones. I fiannly figured you have to check the channels when you rescan but still seems like its easy to loose the scaned channels. Anyway I have all my channels written down. I pressed add DTV and thought I could add the manually but I could not access the blank field. Any suggestions or tips to make things easier.
Thanks
Steve

Steve, you don't go the empty field, use the left curser "Theme" button and go to the transit field, should show channel 02 when you first go to the screen. You enter the digital channel number (not the analog channel number). The meter should turn green when over 50 % and the blank field should show analog channel number. Then save it, previous scanned channels should stay intact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)