Dec 12, 2003
Springfield MO Area
I was just looking at my bill and there has to be a cheaper way

I have a 622 and a 501, dvr advantage pack, and my hd credit has expired

Dishnet local package $8.99
digital home advantage america's top 200 $44.99
dvr service fee (should be bogus as I own the 501) $5.98
add reciever fee $5.00
dhpp $5.99 (everytime I plan to cancel, the 501 dies)
dish HD with 1 premium (to get me to 250) $30.00

Now, would I be better off with the everything pack? Is my current bill correct, or are there extra charges there?

Thanks for any/all help

Joe

Drop down to just your locals and drop the superstations pack .
Drop the dhpp plan -you can add it as needed and drop it when through.
You can upgrade to top 200 dvr advantage for 49.99 which includes your locals and one dvr fee . You can then add the bonus pack for top 250 for 10.00 more and add one more premium movie pack for 10.00 more or add hd essentials for 10.00 more.

49.99 top 200 dvr advantage- You save $5.98 a month .
10.00 bonus pack for top 250
10.00 hd essentials
----------------------------------------
69.99 a month before tax.
5.00 sd receiver additional lease fee for the 501
------------------------------------------------------------
74.99 a month before tax.

If you want to keep the superstations pack for 5.99 you can add that to your bill or you can just keep one Cw and one Mynetworktv station for 1.50 each. (unless it has gone up since I last checked) Keep your 622 hooked up to the phone line and you will avoid any 5.00 access fee per month.

program fees/dish/ newbie

Hi I joined so as to save money.

1st. cinnamax for 2 years for 1 penny IF you autopay to visa.

HD is a time water. think about it, does what they show SO wonderous that you want it HD?

rig up a feeder cord, so no extension. also get the remote that works across the house.

family package 19.99
3 movies 31.00
cinn .01
dvr 5.95
ktla 1.50; no locals. they arent any good anyway.

so @ 60.00

consider that only the movie channels have content. there is a ton of noise on network tv. and it is all propaganda. you bought a tv set, you pay the electric, you pay the dish AND YOU SIT THRU ENDLESS BABBLE LOUDER THEN THE SHOW, WITH POP UPS THRU OUT ballyhooing how great they are.! Add in the non-news, [it is commentary not news] and how much of your hard earned money is it worth?

more the $2 a day?

as far as budget goes- factor every bill down to cost per day. then decide if you use and enjoy that amount of $ per day. when you add up all the costs of running a house, chop off $31 off the entire budet- put that on the mortgage principle- pays yourmortgage off 10 years sooner.

??

HD is a time water. think about it, does what they show SO wonderous that you want it HD?

I watch my favorite programming and movies on an 8 foot screen. SD looks barely tolerable at best and the show/movie has been cropped to fit 4:3 format in SD.

I NEED HD. :)

If you really want to save money, go straight OTA and get a Netflix subscription since there is a lot of network tv on dvd now.

Of course, this is a Dish forum so what I do is the HD Only package with locals and the one penny Cinemax deal. A little over $40/mo all totalled. I have teens who would rather watch the History/Science/TLC/Discovery channel than Toon, Nick, or Disney.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)