Programming my Dish remote to control...

crainbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Here's my situation. I have my dish remote set to control my dish box, vizio tv, dvd, and receiver. Is there a way to scroll between the inputs on my tv and my receiver? I have the Vizio 47" and I'd like to scroll between the OTA and the 2 HDMI inputs. Also, my Kenwood receiver has several inputs and I'd like to use my dish remote to switch inputs from video for the TV feed and DVD/6CH for the DVD player. I appreciate your help.

Buy a UNIVERSAL REMOTE and program it for your components the DISH remote is very limited in universal capabilities beyond basic functioning.

As boba said (and like most non-OEM provided remotes), the Dish remote is usually limited.

However, if you have the Dish remote programmed for your TV (or other equipment) correctly, you may be able to toggle through most of the inputs....
- On the 6.3 IR/UHF Pro Remote -- Press TV Mode button to shift the remote to TV ops, then right below it, press the TV/VIDEO INPUT button until the TV switches to the desired input.

It works very well on my Sony TV's, but when I switch to the Antenna Input, I'm unable to toggle between Ant and Aux.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts