Programming Not Authorized popping up on 211K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andrew110

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Michigan
I have a 211K on my account that randomly gets the "Programming not authorized" box for about 10-15 seconds and programming then returns after. It's not on certain channels or at certain times it seems to be all random.

The 722Ks on my account aren't experiencing this. Anyone have a solution for this?

I've got a 1000.2 EA dish with signals in the 50's on 61.5 and 72. LNBs are OK in system info test. I've tried resetting the receiver as well.

Are all the receivers showing the same signal levels? There are normally issues with signal that does this as in one getting partial blocked by a tree or the receiver itself is taking a dive.

Does the receiver have a smartcard in the card slot or is it internal? If it's got a card, pull the card out, clean the contacts, and re-insert. If it's internal then the receiver is probably going to need to be replaced due to a bad connection with the smart card inside. This would be my guess from personal experience with problems like this.

Thanks guys. I had the receiver re-authorized and it's still doing it. It is an internal smart card. Hopefully it won't need to be replaced but I'm thinking so :( is there any way to take it apart and maybe tap on the smart card or something to make a better connection?

I own this receiver by the way so I'll try anything before buying a new one.

Last edited:
Were the signal levels the same on it as it was on the other receiver? Was the cable line from it to the Satellite dish a straight shot with no barrels or connections in play that are improper or messed up in some form?

Yeah they were the same.

I also noticed that my 722ks have a "G 4" white smart card in them. Do you think Dish could send me one of those for my 211k so it uses that smart card instead of the internal one? Maybe that would fix the problem.

I've seen in the past that if it is a smart card issue that cards have been sent. But I don't recall that happening for quite some time.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I'm hoping they will since the internal one is a purple G3 card I would imagine. It would be an updated card if they did so I don't know why they wouldn't.

How long will the G3 cards be valid? Will they eventually phase out G3 like they did G2 in '08?

My Hoppers have the G4 but the 722k has a G3.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)