Programming on new HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Fletch on RetroHD is good but it is pillar boxed HD not widescreen 16:9

Bill Cosby Himself on RetroHD and it is 16:9

Last edited:
Not too long ago Encore HD showed "The Abyss" in HD, but they chose the "open matte" rather than the theatrical version so so it was 4x3 with pillar boxes showing more on the top and bottom than was visible in the theater but it definitely was in 4x3.

Some seldom shown movies on Indie and Retro. I am finding they are higher bit rate or poorer compression so they take more disk space by 50% to 100%. Still 2/3 as much as OTA MPEG-2. Sand Pebbles, shown small letterbox took as much as many HD per unit time.
-Ken

BBC America has some great stuff like Doctor Who (Sci Fi), Top gear (Cars), The InBetweeners (dirty comedy), and the Graham Norton Show (chat show).
Retro and Indie have had some really good movies the last few days as well - like Raising Arizona, Rocky 2, and Brazil. Not much on E! or Hallmark HD yet.

BBC America has some great stuff like Doctor Who (Sci Fi), Top gear (Cars), The InBetweeners (dirty comedy), and the Graham Norton Show (chat show).
Retro and Indie have had some really good movies the last few days as well - like Raising Arizona, Rocky 2, and Brazil. Not much on E! or Hallmark HD yet.

+1 on inbetweeners, just hate that bbca censors it, didn't they used to broadcast shows without bleeping out expletives and nudity?

What about Survivors on BBC America HD? It says new series starts tonight but I think "series" is just British for "season" meaning I would be completely lost if I tried to watch it now.

No you wouldn't as it is the series premiere of Survivors. The 2nd series just started in the UK so will be a while before BBCA has it

yeah, i was wondering about that, there is one new one, but later at night they are giving one thats says it aired in October. but they both say episode 9. Are the two episodes the same? And if this is the premiere why is it episode 9?

+1 on inbetweeners, just hate that bbca censors it, didn't they used to broadcast shows without bleeping out expletives and nudity?

No, never. BBC domestic allows a lot of naughty words (F**K being just one), and it has caused controversy in the UK. BBCA is just as bad as all the Viacom channels such as MTV and, of all channels, LOGO. Good grief. LOGO aint no kids channel and yet it is highly censored for both language and sex/nudity and LOGO airs very edgy adult content and the cut out audio--to take out a swear word--never ends! Even the tame Beautiful People (a BBC family type show with swear words) is hacked to remove what Viacom can't handle. What's the point of the damn LOGO channel with censoring anyway? Whats the late night programming called that they promote as naughty and edgy yet the "bleeps" never cease? Yeah, Viacom who many people think have the edgy channels like MTV and LOGO, yet they are very conservative in their standards and practices.

Last edited:
No, never. BBC domestic allows a lot of naughty words (F**K being just one), and it has caused controversy in the UK. BBCA is just as bad as all the Viacom channels such as MTV and, of all channels, LOGO. Good grief. LOGO aint no kids channel and yet it is highly censored for both language and sex/nudity and LOGO airs very edgy adult content and the cut out audio--to take out a swear word--never ends! Even the tame Beautiful People (a BBC family type show with swear words) is hacked to remove what Viacom can't handle. What's the point of the damn LOGO channel with censoring anyway? Whats the late night programming called that they promote as naughty and edgy yet the "bleeps" never cease? Yeah, Viacom who many people think have the edgy channels like MTV and LOGO, yet they are very conservative in their standards and practices.

Comedy Central during weekend nights gets a bigger license to swear than MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Spike, etc.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of HD on Indie and Retro.

I want to send back some of the HD on E! Man, Chelsea looks old.

Please recommend some shows that I might enjoy on the new HD channels.

It might help for you to tell us what you already like.

Every show on every channel is enjoyed by someone out there - and is hated by someone else.

And, just about every show on the New HD Channels has already been shown on Dish Network in SD format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)