Programming Question

amcrebelfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
Northern Illinois
Today I was going to add hbo/starz to my package for the winter months. My question is this, would I be better off doing the everything pak. Currently I have the 250 package with hd minus the ones in platnum, plus regional sports. I am a huge Cardinals fan and live in Cub country so I gotta have my fox midwest. I have two dvrs the 722 and the 522?. My bill currently is 98.00, I see the everything pak is the same price and the say add gold for 10 more. If I go with the everything pak will I get everything I have now minus the hd added with the gold or will I lose all my hd channels, like espn, etc. I know this is a long rant, but I am on cough syrup with codeine for bronchitis so I hope it makes sense. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
If all you want is HBO and Starz, then the Everything package is probably not going to save you a lot of money. It does not offer any additional sports channels.

I'd suggest that you look into going with DVR advantage and the HBO/Starz promotion on top of your AT250.

How do you get the 10 promotion? I tried to and they wanted to give me 3 months free with a 24 month commitment and it would be 22.00 after that. If I did go with the everything pak and it has all the dvr fees included would I have to add hd in also?

Everything pack with with DVR and Locals is $99.98, add Multisports pack and $10 HD pack ,and your looking at $115.97 + $7 or $5 if you have more then one receiver. NO DVR FEES!
Total $120.97

Top 250 DVR atvantage covers 1 DVR fee only, with your locals for $59.99
Add HD gold for $10($69.99)
AND ALL OTHER Premiums are only $10 extra
So Starz and HBO is $20 per month ($89.99)
and Multi sports pack is $5.99 total ($95.98) + $5 for your addtional receiver ( $100.98)
and 2nd DVR fee $5.98
Total $106.94
I guess you just have to ask yourself if Cinemax, Showtime, and TMC are worth $14 for 15 extra channels with 6 of them being in HD

Last edited:
I still got the Starz HBO promotion even with Having the Everything pack. They gave me 3 Credits of $20. And 3 Credits of $10 for the HD platinum promotion as well. But it required a 24 month commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)