Programming Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
Hey everyone,

My inlaws will be switching to DISH and with 4 TVs (1hd and 3 standard). I was amazed to see by only having one HDTV vs two HDTVs, the cost savings. Having to buy that additional 722 was pretty amazing. Can they DISH it up after a year to upgrade that receiver to HD???

Anywho, I was leaning towards TurboHD Gold for them, but they watch too much standard channels such as MTV, CMT, GSN, etc. I was amazed that when I priced it out TurboHD Gold vs Top200 DVR Advantage with silver HD added to it was about a $10 difference. Not a bad deal considering how much SD channels they would get.

Right now they are paying $130 for Charter Cable with internet. I'm going to change them over to DISH for $67/mo plus $20/mo fiber optic internet through our city. Saving them $43/mo plus they will have DVR on all TVs vs just one currently.

So I'm babbling now, but could I do TurboHD Gold and simply add Game Show Network, MTV, CMT to it as a per channel fee? What would this fee be?

What would you suggest for my inlaws???

pfan

No you couldn't add those channels a la carte. There are only a couple channels that I know of that can be added that way. The only way to get MTV, CMT, etc is the subscribe to a package that they are in.

You would need to go with the AT200 DVR Advantage then add the HD package you choose. Not as good a value, but they will have what they want.

thanks bowens, I still can't get over the difference (NOT MUCH) in price between top 200 with silver HD and TurboHD Gold. Do these packages have the same HD channels available??

pfan

Looking back at my original post.......i was rambling pretty bad so I'm not surprised as to the lack of response.

I guess I'm looking into feedback on their hardware options

1. 722, 722, 2 HDTVs, 2 SDTVs, a lot of money upfront for the addtl receiver

2. 722, 222, 1 HDTV, 3 SDTVs, a lot of savings, but HD only in their bedroom

And programming options

1. TurboHD Gold, but they want GSN, CMT, MTV (a little cheaper)
won't most channels be HD soon???
they don't want to be a current customer and hassle with the switch

2. Top200 with DVR Advantage, Silver HD so they have all their SD channels
a little more money each month, but have their channels
will new HD additions be automatically added to this package?

Hopefully a little more clear now :confused:

pfan

222 is an HD receiver, or are thinking 322? 222 and 722 would give you HD on 2 tv's

CMT and MTV have HD feeds now, but Dish doesn't carry them, and I hope they are not added as neither one of them have shown anything in HD.