Programming remote to control TV

petalutha

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
We had dish network installed a few days ago, and they programmed most of the remotes to work our TVs as well.

However, in our family room, the TV is one of those combo units (DVD, VCR, and TV). They couldn't program it, they said.

I went through all the codes in the book, but none worked. Anyone know a way to do this?

Our TV is a Sylvania POC (piece of c$#@)

I should mention I did successfully program a universal remote sometime ago for this TV, so I know it works in theory. But the code that worked for that remote did not work for the Dish remote.

Thanks!

Many times the dish remote will not be able to control a tv/vcr combo when you try to program it in TV mode. Try to program the remote as if the tv where actually a vcr and you may have better luck. I can usually get the remote to turn the tv/vcr combo off and on at least, but not control the volume. Being a tv/vcr/dvd combo you still may have no luck. I also always use the powerscan feature to scan for the device code instead of looking up the manufacturer's code #. I have seen many cases where punching in the code provides no results when a powerscan will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)