This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Programming Thoughts/Rant

Without. Hulu, Netflix, CBS All Access, HBO all without commercials. Rarely watch commercials unless I am watching live TV which is usually just watching at night as I am going to bed or watching sports (or Crackle).

OK. I misunderstood. When you wrote "I can find almost everything I want to watch on demand somewhere," I took that to mean the On Demand services DTVN provides and not OTT services for largely commercial-free channels. Yes, Hulu and CBS show commercials, but you can pay more to avoid them, which I applaud.

Without. Hulu, Netflix, CBS All Access, HBO all without commercials. Rarely watch commercials unless I am watching live TV which is usually just watching at night as I am going to bed or watching sports (or Crackle).
Hulu has commercials in the $8 package

It absolutely is if you watch Hulu programming and would like to be commercial free....
Agree. I would rather pay $4 to Hulu and $2 to CBS to eliminate commercials than pay $10+ for a DVR (FOR EACH DVR) each month plus the cost of cable/dish.

Apparently it is to some as it has been offered at that price for a while now.
On a roku..you can get the $8 package..press the home button during the first commercial..then resume the show..and the roku will skip the rest of the commercials...i found that out accidentally..but the same shows eventually come to Amazon or Netflix..just a bit of overkill for me

I was pleasantly surprised I was able to choose the $12 option for my 2-month free trial of Hulu (a promo that came with my recent Roku purchase). If Hulu carried every show I would normally record on Vue, it might be worth keeping year-round so I didn't have to mess with Vue's clunky and slow-responding cloud DVR controls to FF commercials.