Programming Universal Remote for R10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jackson5

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Hi,

I just got the DVR R10 and I want to program my Universal Remote to run the DVR. I will still use the DVR remote, but I also send the signal upstairs to our bedroom and I change channels from up there with a Universal Remote. Does anyone know which codes I need to use to program the remote. In my other thread regarding the R10, I was informed that Thomson made the R10, but I tried an RCA remote and it didn't work. Any help with the code would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jackson:

I'm afraid the code would vary a great deal depening on what brand and model of universal remote you're trying to use.

Any more data??

yeah

Hogarth said:
Jackson:

I'm afraid the code would vary a great deal depening on what brand and model of universal remote you're trying to use.

Any more data??

Right now, I have a sony Universal Remote. It is the one that came with my Sony TV that allows you to control a DSS too. However, I thought that didn't matter too much. I thought what mattered more, regarding the code, was the brand of the unit you were trying to control. Anyway, my remote now is a Sony. I also have an RCA one though from a previous RCA reciever. I thought that might work right out of the box since RCA is supposed to be making the R10, but no luck there either. Thanks.

jackson5 said:
Right now, I have a sony Universal Remote. It is the one that came with my Sony TV that allows you to control a DSS too. However, I thought that didn't matter too much. I thought what mattered more, regarding the code, was the brand of the unit you were trying to control. Anyway, my remote now is a Sony. I also have an RCA one though from a previous RCA reciever. I thought that might work right out of the box since RCA is supposed to be making the R10, but no luck there either. Thanks.

RCA puts them together... the code you are ooking for is a Stand Alone Tivo... sounds strange but the original tivo remotes work the R10 and other Directv DVR's

Alternatively you could just buy another peanut remote.

Thanks...

ShadowEKU said:
RCA puts them together... the code you are ooking for is a Stand Alone Tivo... sounds strange but the original tivo remotes work the R10 and other Directv DVR's

Alternatively you could just buy another peanut remote.

Thank you. Any idea what that code is? Or, any idea where I can get an extra peanut remote? My guess is they rip you off for an extra remote, so it is probably just as easy to have the code for the Tivo. Thanks

jackson5 said:
Thank you. Any idea what that code is? Or, any idea where I can get an extra peanut remote? My guess is they rip you off for an extra remote, so it is probably just as easy to have the code for the Tivo. Thanks

no i dont know the code... try www.remotecentral.com if youde like help there

I think the official remote is made in teh AT&T brand but dont hold me to it...

as far as buying a remote that would work

tivo.com
directv.com (under your account)
and weaknees.com

just a suggestion to control your r10 ( and anything else you have consider a harmony remote i have one and IT DOES WORK) ps i dont work for harmony :yes

curtdtvhd said:
just a suggestion to control your r10 ( and anything else you have consider a harmony remote i have one and IT DOES WORK) ps i dont work for harmony :yes

yes... i endorse harmony as well... but im prertty sure he wants to use what he has or something cheap.

Correct

ShadowEKU said:
yes... i endorse harmony as well... but im prertty sure he wants to use what he has or something cheap.

Yeah, I am looking to use existing stuff, or something cheap. I may just go with the suggestion of getting another peanut remote. I can probably get one off ebay for less then $20 bucks. Ideally, I would get a universal that has a sleep button. Seems stupid, but this is for my bedroom TV and I always use the sleep timer. So, the only negative with the peanut is I'll still have to use the TV's remote to use the sleep function.

jackson5 said:
So, the only negative with the peanut is I'll still have to use the TV's remote to use the sleep function.
I think I would pursue finding/scanning for codes that would work before i bought another remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)