Can't find remote code for my TV

WinterWinds

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

I have a RC66RX remote and I am trying to get it to control my TV volume.

My TV is a Westinghouse ROKU TV.

I've tried all the Westinghouse codes and none seem to work.

I think you're SOL with those old D* white remotes; the last one they made was at least a couple years before any of the Roku TV OS appeared on any brands of TV's - after which they started making those RC7x "Genie" remotes for all installs/receivers. I understand that all Roku OS TV's - regardless of brand name - use the same IR codes, so it's not going to make a diff which codes you try, unless a Roku specific (TV) IR codeset was loaded in the remote.
You might have to switch to one of those newer remotes to find such a code...which unfortunately IMHO is a total downgrade from the white remotes,

I think you're SOL with those old D* white remotes; the last one they made was at least a couple years before any of the Roku TV OS appeared on any brands of TV's - after which they started making those RC7x "Genie" remotes for all installs/receivers. I understand that all Roku OS TV's - regardless of brand name - use the same IR codes, so it's not going to make a diff which codes you try, unless a Roku specific (TV) IR codeset was loaded in the remote.
You might have to switch to one of those newer remotes to find such a code...which unfortunately IMHO is a total downgrade from the white remotes,
This is the issue that I am having.

We just switched to DirecTV and we were given the Genie remotes by the installer. I went onto Amazon and purchased the old-style remote because with the Genie remotes I am constantly hitting the "record" button whenever I press the guide button (fat fingers! lol).