Programs on 'old' DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Beaumont, TX
Excuse me for putting this question here, but I initially placed it in the DirecTV HD DVR Forum and in several weeks, no-one has responded.

A technical question:

If I replace my MPEG2 HD-DVR with an MPEG4 HD-DVR, can I still hook my MPEG2 DVR directly to my TV and access the HD content recorded on it?

What do you think?

Thanks

jammy said:
Excuse me for putting this question here, but I initially placed it in the DirecTV HD DVR Forum and in several weeks, no-one has responded.

A technical question:

If I replace my MPEG2 HD-DVR with an MPEG4 HD-DVR, can I still hook my MPEG2 DVR directly to my TV and access the HD content recorded on it?

What do you think?

Thanks
Yes you can watch the HD content recorded on the MPEG2 HD-DVR.

Now, that does depend on a few conditions. First, you'll have to be able to plug the HR10 into one of your TV's HD inputs. Thankfully, that's where having both HDMI and Y-pB-pR outputs comes in handy. Second, you'll have to set the HR10 to "Off Air Only" mode so it won't keep giving you a Searching for Satellite Signal message (though you won't see that on recordings played back from the DVR.) Finally, it will depend on if you are adding the HR20 (that's what I'm assuming you're referring to when you talk of a "MPEG4 HD-DVR") or replacing it when it is available. I'm afraid that D* will probably require you to give up your HR10 to get a HR20 for little or no cost as a swap.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts