PS3 and Wii Launch titles average rating the same

s8ist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
I am prepared to be flamed for basing my ratings stats off of IGN, but of all the titles reviewed for both systems, the average overall game ratings came out damn near equal.

ps3 launch titles = avg. 7.8 (7.78...)
wii launch titles = avg. 7.8 (7.84...)

It should be noted that 11 titles were reviewed on the PS3 section, while the Nintendo Wii had only 7 titles reviewed.

While it has been noted on this forum and others that IGN seems more biased toward Wii, the titles on Wii have been receiving some underwhelming comments based on inability to tweak control sensitivity and graphical shortcomings. PS3 has been receiving low marks only on a couple of its titles, mainly for not introducing more dramatic graphical upgrades than the 360 counterparts. Load times and framerate issues were only mentioned on a few of the titles and one of them, being the Tony Hawk title, had the same framerate issue on the 360.

It may be possible that while waiting for either of these systems, it was nearly impossible to live up to the hype that surrounded them. What do you think?

(I'm looking to buy one or both in the future. And yes, I do own a 360 but I would like to play Japanese titles at some point, so being a one-system gamer just won't work for me.)

Gameranking.com average reviews scores for:

Wii:
Legend of Zelda WII 98.3%
Excite Truck WII 72.1%
Wii Sports WII 81.6%
DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 WII 86.1%
Red Steel WII 78.0%
Call of Duty 3 WII 84.0%
Marvel Ultimate Alliance WII 81.7%
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam WII 84.8%
Super Monkey Ball Blitz WII 77.0%
Trauma Center 2 WII 78.8%

PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man PS3 87.6%
Call of Duty 3 PS3 86.3%
Ridge Racer 7 PS3 78.0%
Marvel Ultimate Alliance PS3 85.6%
Madden NFL 07 PS3 75.7%
Untold Legends: Dark PS3 52.5%
Genji: Days of the Blade PS3 57.4%
NBA 07 PS3 66.4%
Tony Hawk's Project 8 PS3 78.7%
Need for Speed Carbon PS3 79.0%

If we take gamerankings rating estimates we get:

Wii 82.24%
PS3 74.72%

Wii comes out on top from this source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)