PS3 games more than $60....?

mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
From August PSM magazine:

PSM: Can we expect PS3 games to be priced in the same range as Xbox 360 titles?

Kaz Hirai: Generally Speaking, over the past twelve years or so, there has been a consumer expectation that disc-based games are maybe $59 on the high end to $39 on the low end. So, what I can say now is, I think it would be a bit of a stretch to think that we could suddenly turn around and say "PS3 Games now $99.99." I don't think consumers expect software pricing to suddenly double. So, the quick answer is that we want to make it as affordable as possible, knowing that there is a set consumer expectation for what software has cost for the past twelve years. That's kind of the best answer I can give you. So, if it becomes a bit higher than $59, don't ding me, but, again, I don't expect it to be $100.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107827

Last edited:
Articles wouldn't load, but jesus. Why would you even make a statement like this on the dawn of your system's launch. People are already bitching to high heaven about the price of the console, and now you throw gasoline on the fire...

I think someone needs to sit down with sony and tell them to just shut up already. Ever time they open there mouth it something new that makes the PS3 less attractive.

Purogamer said:
Articles wouldn't load, but jesus. Why would you even make a statement like this on the dawn of your system's launch. People are already bitching to high heaven about the price of the console, and now you throw gasoline on the fire...

The price is a steal considering it has a Blu ray player.

I saw on "Attack of the Show" where it would be over $60 on up to around $100. They said the cost of making the games have went up. Somehow I do not think it costs THAT much to make the games. Sounds like a way for them to increase their profits.

Seeing how it is a Blu Ray player they may be charging even more for the games to make up for the high cost of the player. They usually try to make up for the loss of money on the machine on the games from what I have heard.

The fact that it's a blu-ray player has nothing to do with game prices, which is what this is about. Keep the "it's a blu ray player for half the cost, and it plays games..." conversation to the other 3 threads that are talking about it already...

vurbano said:
The price is a steal considering it has a Blu ray player.

No, it's not.

PS: Despite you keep hammering this silly thing in every other post - presumably hoping that it will stick after a while - this is still not true...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts