PS3 PlayTv in UK

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Like what? If you wanted it to be a digital cable or DBS DVR you'd need 2 D*/E*/Cable boxes, one for each input, it would be like trying to feed a TiVo HD without the Cable Card support (with who knows what kind of interface). An OTA/QAM tuner is all that really makes sense to me and even then, it is such a limited thing and you'd need a properly sized antenna for it.

If they did something with coax inputs for ATSC/NTSC/QAM and added a cablecard input or even allowed AV inputs off the cable/sat box since most of those boxes have digital and analog outputs enabled simultaneously it would be very doable.
hell, if it had just QAM and and AV inputs from a cable/sat box I'd buy it. Hook an IR blaster to one of the USB ports and be all set. Very similar to my Tivo setup now and very easy to use.
I know from your posts you are not into the possibilities, but even if they only bring OTA capability to the US (if they bring it at all), I'd still buy it as I have no problem with a small indoor antenna picking up stations 40 miles away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)