PS3 *Rumor* Firmware update for GTA!?

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
FINALLY.
THE ISSUE HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED. Just got off the phone with T2 support. The issue that is causing the freezing is actually two separate issues. One is the network problem that the newer PS3's are encountering however the older model, launche units are experiencing an entirely different problem. The launch version of PS3's used a different chip that could run PS2 and PS1 games without emulation. This chip is conflicting with the game code and cause GTA4 to freeze. The T2 representative told me that the fix will indeed not be exclusively in the form of a patch. There will probably be a patch for the issues relating to the network and things that the newer PS3's are facing however.. the older launch 60GB versions and possibly the 20gb, i didnt ask, will require a firmware upgrade that will allow GTA4 to run on the older chip. This firmware upgrade, he said, could be available anytime between tomorrow morning and "as soon as possible" as he put it. The issue is deffinately being adressed and it seems as though they have found what the problem is. So guys lets hope this works and spread this around because this came directly from my 25 minute conversation with T2 support that I just got finished with.

**THIS IS A RUMOR**

Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 FREEZING!!!! 2 - Grand Theft Auto Series - PlayStation.com Forums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts