PT not recording!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Have noticed the last couple of mornings that I had no Prime Time shows recorded the previous night. Didn't think much of it until tonight when there was a special I wanted to record for my grandson. Just checked and nothing is recording, even though I have all four majors selected. When I check the guide the yellow PT box is there for ABC & NBC yet nothing is recording!

When I go to the daily DVR schedule there is no PT yellow block until Monday! Did a menu reset and still nothing. PT has been working fine until a couple of days ago. Have had a couple of spontaneous reboots the last couple days for no apparent reason!

Any help appreciated

My Hopper WS has primetime anytime listed on the DVR screen even though it is not enabled. Press the DVR button, is the first square under the red "My Recordings" button "prime Time Anytime"? If not there is something seriously wrong with your Hopper. If there is click on it to open up recordings - That sounds like what you may have done. Also be sure that the sorting of the programs there is by date, not by title - things might have somehow got changed and later recordings may be off the screen alphabetically since they are not sorted by date. Just throwing stuff on the wall.

I would disable PTAT, do a power cord reboot then go in and enable PTAT. If it fails to record, call Dish for a replacement Hopper.

Yes, I have the same problem and I am in NC. If you look ahead in the guide, it is supposed to start recording again next week. I wonder if it has something to do with the Capital Broadcasting dispute?

Looks like all of us except Jim5506 are in NC. DISH was pretty clueless as to what was going on. They were under the assumption that the CBS dispute was totally settled!

I figured out a work around though. If you go into The DVR defaults and change PTA to only record ABC & NBC it will work. Just remember to switch back when the dispute is over.

Looks like all of us except Jim5506 are in NC. DISH was pretty clueless as to what was going on. They were under the assumption that the CBS dispute was totally settled!

I figured out a work around though. If you go into The DVR defaults and change PTA to only record ABC & NBC it will work. Just remember to switch back when the dispute is over.
The CBS dispute is totally over, and ALL CBS O&O stations are broadcasting. However, Just like any other local DMA's, most are owned by smaller companies(this case is Capitol Broadcasting), and they negotiate their own contracts. Huge Huge difference.

Thanks. That worked for us. I had a feeling that it had something to do with the contract dispute with Capitol Broadcasting, but it hadn't occurred to me that I could enable or disable the individual networks that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)