PTAT and timers

bbwebb

Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
I just had my 2H/4J installation done last week. I'm new to Dish and still feeling my way around a bit. One area that confuses me is how PTAT and Timers are related. I setup a dozen or so Timers to record our regular shows. Several of those shows are on the national broadcast channels during prime time. The shows all record, but they end up in the PTAT folder instead of the main folder. For now i have been going into the PTAT folder and saving the show in fear that it will get deleted in 8 days. Shouldn't the existence of a timer result in the show not being treated like a normal PTAT recording?

Thanks
Bbwebb

I personally wait 'till the end of a PTAT evening and then go thru recordings and "Save to DVR" the programs I like. This keeps them in the PTAT partition for 8 days and then transfers them to the user partition if they haven't been watched. I tried using the "Save Series" option that's available on S209. I guess it works similarly but it does create a timer. I think it's your choice.

bbwebb said:
I just had my 2H/4J installation done last week. I'm new to Dish and still feeling my way around a bit. One area that confuses me is how PTAT and Timers are related. I setup a dozen or so Timers to record our regular shows. Several of those shows are on the national broadcast channels during prime time. The shows all record, but they end up in the PTAT folder instead of the main folder. For now i have been going into the PTAT folder and saving the show in fear that it will get deleted in 8 days. Shouldn't the existence of a timer result in the show not being treated like a normal PTAT recording?

Thanks
Bbwebb

If you have a timer for a PTAT show, it should use the PTAT tuner to record the show. It should also create a pointer to the PTAT recording in the User portion of the DVR. If you haven't deleted the pointer after PTAT's 8 days are up, the recording should then be moved from the PTAT portion of the DVR to the User portion of the DVR.

That is how it should work. Not sure why yours is not behaving in this fashion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts