PTAT auto enabled?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

doctorbry2001

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Iowa
PTAT has set itself to enabled tonight and it won't let me stop it. I have not enabled this feature,nor do I want it enabled on this hopper (one hopper recording it is enough).

Does anyone know why this has happened?

I tried that. It was unable to access guide info and wouldn't let me change anything. It the started recording again. Outside of this I have not had any real issues that I am aware of.

Stuck PTAT (update)

Had the same problem tonight. PTAT stuck ENABLED when I've never enabled it and the DVR setup menu says it was already disabled. Repeatedly selecting disable in the DVR setup for PTAT did nothing. According to the Joey tuner screen, not only PTAT was on, but one of the other Hopper tuners was stuck recording another channel, even though the Hopper was off and nothing was scheduled! Soft reset did nada. Called DISH. They said that THEY'D disable PTAT, but that was impossible now because PTAT was already recording! I'll see tomorrow evening I guess. Nice, a feature you can't disable once it's stuck! Brilliant!

On the bright side, I score a $5/mo reduction for 6 months. Guess they are aware of the problem.

UPDATE: PTAT was disabled remotely by DISH on tuner 3. Tuner 2 not stuck recording. I guess what they meant was that they can't remotely disable PTAT while a show is in progress.... Ah well.

Last edited:
Are you positive that it was actually recording and that you didn't just have one of the receivers tuned to a big four network and that's why you saw all four network channels listed on the TV activity page?

Oh my, and PTAT not being enabled by default and requiring the subscriber to activate that feature, as it is the route to subsequent AutoHop feature, is one of the pillars that keeps it legal. :).

Yesterday I setup a recording on my kitchen joey. Later I noticed the show was recording on both my hoppers and I didn't know why. This morning I went into Daily Schedule on the second HWS and saw the show was set to record from my den joey. The kitchen joey and den joey are close enough that they can both be controlled by the same remote at the same time. So even though the den tv was off the joey must have been on when I scheduled the kitchen joey. I have IR enabled so I can use my old vip remotes.

halglados1.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts