PTAT Fails again

skyviewmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Bay Minette, Al
I Know this is a rehash of Hopper problems, but once again the Hopper has failed me.. Last night during good weather, All four feeds PT channels pixelated then went to the "Don't call, we know about this" screen.. When the signal returned, PTAT started recording ABC on all channels. So basically all shows last night lost to this Hopper glitch that doesn't seem to be getting fixed.. My 722 never failed to go back to recording after a signal failure. Dish, if you are going to advertise the PTAT feature, I would suggest making it work right first.. Don't get me wrong, I love my Hoppers.. But whole home recording and PTAT are what Dish is pushing with them right now.. So why is it that they can't make PTAT work right...

Same here. This is the first time I had this problem, and of course it was thursday when most of my favorite shows are on

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Something happened to me that leads me to believe this is NOT limited to just PTAT.

A few weekends ago I was recording a football game on Sunday afternoon. I knew that I'd lose signal at some point because our area was in the height of the solar transit (when the Sun aligns with the satellites). I didn't anticipate that I'd suffer from this problem because it didn't occur during Prime Time.

I was wrong. I didn't check the recording until later that night. Sure enough, before the outage our local Fox station was being recorded. When signal returned, it was ABC. We lost the game.

Needless to say we were upset.

So this is NOT just a PTAT issue.

Something happened to me that leads me to believe this is NOT limited to just PTAT.

A few weekends ago I was recording a football game on Sunday afternoon. I knew that I'd lose signal at some point because our area was in the height of the solar transit (when the Sun aligns with the satellites). I didn't anticipate that I'd suffer from this problem because it didn't occur during Prime Time.

I was wrong. I didn't check the recording until later that night. Sure enough, before the outage our local Fox station was being recorded. When signal returned, it was ABC. We lost the game.

Needless to say we were upset.

So this is NOT just a PTAT issue.
Interesting. The last time I had PTAT fail, the only way I could restore the ability to manually record a later primetime show was to do a reset and the primetime show recorded fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)