PTAT is disabled, and won't start??

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
I was checking my timers and recordings from last night and noticed that PTAT was not up. I have had it turned on every night but Saturdays, and it's worked great since I got my Hopper, even recording last night's shows.

I went in and tried to re-enable PTAT, with no luck. I reset the box and tried re-enabling, also with no luck??

Any ideas of what else I can try??

It still shows I have Saturdays turned off, but when I click on Save and go look at the Daily Schedule, it doesn't show PTAT as enabled anymore. It worked up until last night...

All of the future guide info for my satellite delivered HD locals says "No info available". I tried a check switch to force a guide update, and I tried scrolling ahead, but neither method worked. All of the other channels have guide info.

How else can I force a guide update on the Hopper??

Maybe your locals moved to the new satellite. Something like that could have messed up PTAT for a day or two.

All of the future guide info for my satellite delivered HD locals says "No info available". I tried a check switch to force a guide update, and I tried scrolling ahead, but neither method worked. All of the other channels have guide info.

How else can I force a guide update on the Hopper??

Turn the Joeys off and reboot the Hopper and give it 30 mins. If that doesn't work, the nightly update will fix it , just be sure you don't skip the update or have timers recording during the nightly update time frame.

Maybe your locals moved to the new satellite. Something like that could have messed up PTAT for a day or two.

I thought that might have something to do with it, but I checked with Scott G., who lives just a few miles from me and he says his PTAT is still enabled...

5180 WTNH (8 HD Local) NEW HAVEN, CT (ABC) moved from 21s67 (Grand Junction CO) to 29s28 (Massachusetts) at 61.5° (HD Hartford/New Haven, CT market Hidden) x8C Removed
5181 WFSB (3 HD Local) HARTFORD, CT (CBS) moved from 21s67 (Grand Junction CO) to 29s28 (Massachusetts) at 61.5° (HD Hartford/New Haven, CT market Hidden) x8C Removed
5182 WVIT (30 HD Local) NEW BRITAIN, CT (NBC) moved from 21s67 (Grand Junction CO) to 29s28 (Massachusetts) at 61.5° (HD Hartford/New Haven, CT market Hidden) x8C Removed
5183 WTIC (61 HD Local) HARTFORD, CT (FOX) moved from 21s67 (Grand Junction CO) to 29s28 (Massachusetts) at 61.5° (HD Hartford/New Haven, CT market Hidden) x8C Removed

You probably had a glitch in the guide update last night. All of the symptoms are caused by the missing guide info. If no recordings are going on it will probably pick up the mid-day guide update and all will be well.

You probably had a glitch in the guide update last night. All of the symptoms are caused by the missing guide info. If no recordings are going on it will probably pick up the mid-day guide update and all will be well.
Kinda strange that it was only my satellite delivered HD locals though.

Anyway, looks like I resolved it by following steps that I Googled from the Dish Support Forum. I disabled PTAT, put the Hopper and Joeys in standby, and waited about 30 minutes. After going back in, the guide info for the HD locals was there and I was able to enable PTAT and the indicators are now showing in the guide and in the daily schedule.

The only difference to the many earlier attempts was the disabling and enabling of PTAT....

Speaking of missing PTAT I've had 2 Hoppers since they were introduced last March. For the first time ever one of them failed to record any PTAT shows Tuesday night. When I back checked the Scheduled Recordings list it showed PTAT scheduled to start at 7:57 PM but the recorder start and stop times were blank. Last night was OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)