PTAT just screwed up big time!!!

Character Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
So I went to watch The Mob Doctor on Fox. So I went into PTAT and started it, and it was the CMA thing. But wait, that is on ABC. So I went to Bones to start the Fox feed for the night, and about halfway through Bones the Fox feed switched to ABC. I can tune to FOX on the guide and its right, but the PTAT recording of FOX is now recording ABC instead. Very strange!!!

Ours didn't record anything, so you win. Lol. Or I do. All I know is that the wife didn't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Oh its gets better, everything switched to ABC. All my FOX, NBC, and CBS PTAT recording are all ABC right now. I can watch the channel live and it is correct, but if I try to watch a PTAT recording from any channel after about 7:30 (central) its all ABC. The CMA's have invaded my PTAT!!!

I had set a timer to record Mob Doctor but just noticed it wasn't showing up in my recordings for some reason. I went to the PTAT folder and saved it from there. It now shows up in my recordings. I hope it recorded correctly because I haven't tried to watch it yet.

fox shows that aired tonight replay on Friday. just a heads up for anyone that had trouble and still wants to record them.

So I wonder if it has something to do with signal loss. It was raining last night and I wonder if maybe there was signal loss, if ABC was the first to come back if they all just "switched tracks" to ABC or something. Very strange, glad I caught it before Revolution was on. I would have been pissed if I would have found out later in the week. Now the interesting thing would be to see how AutoHop reacts.

Yes is my experience with even the slightest signal loss, this happens. The hopper is terrible at handling loss of signal. My 722 handled it much better. There are several posts about this already.

Our PTAT switched to (and recorded) ABC during a rain storm a week ago.

Interesting so must be some sort of signal loss recovery. I wonder why ABC, maybe because its alphabetically first and it latches all the others to its feed? They should be able to reproduce this in the lab, I would assume they can cause rain fade scenarios or loss of signal for software testing. Seems like a standard test, PTAT during rain - make sure it recovers correctly.

Ok I'm finally admitting defeat and I have the same problem with hopper. During revolution I lost satellite signal and it never came back during PTAT and all I recorded after that was a black screen. I wonder if it has something to do with the demuxing (don't know the correct term) of the transponder when the satellite comes back on line the hopper doesn't know what to do.

They all switch to ABC during a signal loss because ABC is the only network who didn't sue over Autohop. It's by design. ;)

last two weeks PTAT running perfectly until last night. I get an error message half way through the recording about partial signal loss and it starts playing the ABC stream for the rest of the show instead of Fox.

Luckily I have a separate OTA DVR system that records stuff as backup. Looks like i'm going to have to expand the recording list on that just in case PTAT keeps messing up.

Between Autohop now showing a few seconds of commercials and these PTAT errors, the value of these features are starting to decline....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts