PTAT not ready for prime time (or bad Hopper?)

jcoppola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Charleston, SC
Well for the 5th time since purchase of the Hopper and Joey setup PTAT has either not recorded my wife's shows or stopped recording them early. First Desperate Housewives second to last show stopped recording after 10 minutes. A week or so later the season finale of Celebrity Apprentice recorded a black screen. Then last night the Bachelorette stopped recording after 30 minutes. If you seen my other thread you can see my wife is beyond frustrated with this. She wants PTAT disabled because she just does not trust it. The result is less tuners available for me to watch my shows. I sure miss my 922 and 722.

I have always been an early adopter of technology but I have never experienced this many problems. Besides the above the Joeys lose the link to the Hopper 2 or 3 times a week. Every now and then the Hopper will get so sluggish that it will take 1 minute or more for it to respond or up to 5 minutes for the thumbnails to populate on the DVR screen.

Do I have a bad box or are these just bugs that future software will fix?

Joeys S264
Hopper S212

i think i had a skipped PTAT night a few weeks back. Others have mentioned it too, but i don't think it was quite so bad as yours.

Make sure to report all of it to DIRT so that it gets sent to engineering. Sounds like you had a few different variations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)