PTAT not recording at all when signal is out?

CRFTony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
We had a minor thunderstorm that caused my dish signal to go out at 8pm. The signal is back but now PTAT isn't recording at all. This has happened several times before. I don't understand why the receiver isn't "smart" enough to start recording when the signal is back. Even my 622 would do that.

It happens to all if us....if signal is lost PTAT is disabled for the evening....I have even used this to my advantage....2H/4J system...family of 5, we all record and compete for tuners....with PTAT enabled, you can't turn off till that night of primetime is over. I needed access to an extra tuner ...created a lost signal to turn off PTAT and watch that ball game that I wanted to see. PTAT is nice and convenient, but I really not interested I every Primetime show. I lost my PTAT during a storm and quickly setup a timer to record the shows I wanted that evening.

Is that just with the S213???...storm just knocked out signal and now its recording again...funny thing us though it never recorded any of PTAT tonight...first time ive had any problem with PTAT...had hopper since day 1

Strange thing last night. After the storm the PTAT started recording but it recorded the same channel on four networks. ABC on all. Weird.

Both my Hoppers froze completely and stopped recording anything (including PTAT) until I rebooted after a string of storms went through Chicago late last week. As someone else pointed out, the Hoppers don't seem to be as good at lost signal recovery as the VIP DVR's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts