PTAT question for Scott or anyone with Hopper installed now

jimgoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 29, 2008
Ocoee Florida
Can anyone confirm that PTAT does work as described in the answer from Dish to question 11?

11) Question about PTAT. If I currently have a timer for Fringe on Fox, will I still need a timer on the Hopper to have Fringe automatically move to my part of the hard drive, or is the only way to save that recording to manually move it myself?

If you have a timer on Fringe it will save to the DVR. Will still use only PTAT tuner.

If it doesn't work this way, we'll probably need to wait for two Hopper integration before installing here. PTAT will be fantastic as long as I don't need to go through the program list daily and look for new episodes of the network programs we watch.

So if I set timers for all my shows just like now on the 722k ,so the shows will move to my portion of the hard drive, I use up the amount of timers I could use for other shows. So still limited to 96 timers. So now the primetime feature would only be good because it takes up one tuner . I don't really see the difference in what I am already doing on the 722k with ota support.

Correct, but if you want the entire season of Big Bang Theory this is how you would do it. (And then you can move the shows to your external hard drive later if you wish) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)