Conn Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

UTMTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
Any idea if an isolator will prevent the isolated receivers from sharing connectivity with the other half of a duo which has IP by HIC or directly to the Hopper on the other side.

Sent from my fingers.

I claim those MoCA isolators don't pass anything other than the antenna signals: not Internet nor Hopper nor Joey video connections.

TheKrell said:
I claim those MoCA isolators don't pass anything other than the antenna signals: not Internet nor Hopper nor Joey video connections.

My FSM absolutely argues the contrary on it passing connectivity... I just feel if the IP conn is in MoCA then it will just block all cross node hopper to hopper chatter including conn. He thinks it discriminates. But it's too damn small to do all that....

Sent from my fingers.

My FSM absolutely argues the contrary on it passing connectivity... I just feel if the IP conn is in MoCA then it will just block all cross node hopper to hopper chatter including conn. He thinks it discriminates. But it's too damn small to do all that....

I'm with TheKrell. I'd put money (but not a lot until we see it in the wild) the isolator is just blocking the sub-950 frequencies from making it back to the node.

Unless Dish is restricing whatever they are bridging from ethernet to certain Moca "channels" there isn't any way to discriminate unless you had a processor to parse the traffic.

I'm with TheKrell. I'd put money (but not a lot until we see it in the wild) the isolator is just blocking the sub-950 frequencies from making it back to the node.

Unless Dish is restricing whatever they are bridging from ethernet to certain Moca "channels" there isn't any way to discriminate unless you had a processor to parse the traffic.

I think the isolator will be a band pass filter blocking the 650-875 MHz spectrum.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=73901&d=1328637421

Then how is the ip conn communicated to the other recs? In what frequencies even?

Sent from my fingers.

Dunno... :)

I think CAT5 is probably the standard networking cable which is rated for 100MHz. The blocked frequencies of the MOCA are well above that.

harshness said:
Has it been determined what MoCA channel/frequency DISH is using?

650 to 875 MHz

Attachments

• image-2938074761.jpg
    image-2938074761.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 142
Two things are missing in this reply:

1. A link to the MoCA Alliance site
2. A recap of what the MoCA Alliance site says that disagrees with what I've offered.

Here you go:
San Ramon, CA, April 20, 2010 — MoCA continues to demonstrate the flexibility of its technology with an extension to its MoCA 1.1 specification for satellite operators. MoCA operating frequencies now cover 500 to 1500 MHz, from the current 850 – 1500 MHz range. MoCA :: News & Events :: News Releases :: MoCA Adds Mid-RF Frequencies to MoCA 1.1 Specification for DBS Operators

Any idea if an isolator will prevent the isolated receivers from sharing connectivity with the other half of a duo which has IP by HIC or directly to the Hopper on the other side.

Sent from my fingers.

According to the training document I have linked to below on page 12:

You will see that the setup is using isolators. When it comes to having a duo node and two hoppers with no isolators as seen on page 11 you only need one internet source and the Hopper that is connected is sending the internet connection over the MoCA frequencies to the other Hopper, since on page 12 it has a separate internet connection on Hopper two we can deduce that the internet connection is not shared if there are isolators in the mix cause again it uses MoCA to communicate with the Hoppers/Joeys and since that range is getting blocked the internet connection is also getting blocked.

I hope that makes sense.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=74743&d=1330808627

Here you go:
San Ramon, CA, April 20, 2010 — MoCA continues to demonstrate the flexibility of its technology with an extension to its MoCA 1.1 specification for satellite operators. MoCA operating frequencies now cover 500 to 1500 MHz, from the current 850 – 1500 MHz range. MoCA :: News & Events :: News Releases :: MoCA Adds Mid-RF Frequencies to MoCA 1.1 Specification for DBS Operators
You've confused the sum of the bandwidths used with the channel width. There are actually 8 or more channels that combine to make up the 850-1500MHz range. I expect that there are two or three that make up the low RF annex as well (since DIRECTV is quite a bit lower than DISH). Because the channels are sent with such high power, there need to be fairly large (>30MHz) guard bands between them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)