Hopper/Joeys in warehouse

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I had Dish out yesterday and they ended up swapping my ailing VIP722 for a 722K (I miss the OTA already). Anyhow, the repairman said they had a pallet full of Hoppers/Joeys in their warehouse in West Des Moines but they haven't been trained on them yet.

I had Dish out yesterday and they ended up swapping my ailing VIP722 for a 722K (I miss the OTA already). Anyhow, the repairman said they had a pallet full of Hoppers/Joeys in their warehouse in West Des Moines but they haven't been trained on them yet.

That's sad as they are one week from release. I guess they'll have to watch the training video before going out on an install. :)

I'll be attending a Hopper/Joey Insatllation Workshop at Dish this afternoon. I actually think the closer the training is to the 3/15 roll-out date, the better. Make sure the info is fresh in the Techs minds.

Were you dealing with Dish directly or a retailer. My distributor has and office there. If they have the stock now that means I should have mine tomorrow or Friday. Woohoo!

Were you dealing with Dish directly or a retailer. My distributor has and office there. If they have the stock now that means I should have mine tomorrow or Friday. Woohoo!

I placed the service call through Dish 1-800-333-3474 and the work was done by Blue Sky out of West Des Moines.

Didn't you tell him you needed OTA?.If you would have the installer should have put in the MT2(Dual Over The Air Tuners Module),then you would have 4 tuners(2SAT+2OTA) in your 722k.;)

Didn't you tell him you needed OTA?.If you would have the installer should have put in the MT2(Dual Over The Air Tuners Module),then you would have 4 tuners(2SAT+2OTA) in your 722k.;)

He knew that because of the OTA coax he didn't hook back up. He told me he couldn't because the model K needed an OTA module. I didn't really need it because OTA goes directly to my TV. It is just the guide info I miss. Oh well, hopefully I'll have a hopper "soon".

jahost said:
He knew that because of the OTA coax he didn't hook back up. He told me he couldn't because the model K needed an OTA module. I didn't really need it because OTA goes directly to my TV. It is just the guide info I miss. Oh well, hopefully I'll have a hopper "soon".

I would have demanded OTA since the box he was replacing had it. Direct to TV you lose DVR functions for your OTA stations.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

eurosport said:
I would have demanded OTA since the box he was replacing had it. Direct to TV you lose DVR functions for your OTA stations.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

It wouldn't have mattered if he had demanded. Dish pulled the dual OTA modulator out of the field because techs were using them too much and not charging for them. If a customer wants one they have to call up and buy one.

It wouldn't have mattered if he had demanded. Dish pulled the dual OTA modulator out of the field because techs were using them too much and not charging for them. If a customer wants one they have to call up and buy one.

Personally I feel that if your locals are not offered in HD, DISH should provide those free of charge.

That's where I differ with DISH,if they want you to "lease" a receiver they should supply everything the customer needs to complete the lease agreement,to say "Oh your receiver is "leased",but you have to buy the OTA Module,or the Sling Adapter" leaves a bad review for DISH when the customer finds out they need to buy something else for something they just "leased".:rolleyes:

Dish is not responsible for your OTA channels though. If you want OTA then you can buy the module. I can see the agruement about giving the module to people in markets without HD locals on the Dish.

My installation tech popped one into my 722k at no charge during my late-October install. So, they were still doing it recently.

I made a stop by Dow Electronics in Nashville yesterday. They are a big distributor for Dish in this area. The guy at the counter confirmed they had loads of them in the back. But, even though I pressed a little, he wouldn't show them to me.

TimR><>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)