PTAT turned on with only SD locals!

JesseWV

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
WV
We have a 1H3J setup at work with locals in SD only. When the system was first installed I enabled PTAT. When it never recorded anything I did some research and found that it only works when the local channels are in HD. I figured "Oh well" and never bothered turning it back off.

So last night I noticed 2 of the the TV's switch to the tuner activity list. What caught my attention was that the there were 6 "tuners" listed, 4 were yellow icons with all PTAT networks and it was recording!

My first thought was "FINALLY! Locals are in HD!" I flipped through each channel but to my disappointment they were all only in SD. So what's going on here? Does PTAT work with SD locals now? Could this be a sign that they're possibly going to HD locals soon?

Looks like Dish had to cave and downgraded their system to include SD in certain markets. I would guess they don't expect to see HD in these markets for a while.
Just heard an update from the retailer chat today that 28 markets will now have PTAT in SD by Oct. 10th.

Alexandria, LA
Amarillo, TX
Bend, OR
Billings, MT
Biloxi-Gulfport, MS
Binghamton, NY
Bowling Green, KY
Casper, WY
Charlottesville, VA
Clarksburg-Weston, WV
Dothan, AL
Elmira, NY
Eureka, CA
Glendive, MT
Greenwood, MS
Hattiesburg, MS
Lima, OH
Lubbock, TX
Marquette, MI
Presque Isle, ME
Rapid City, SD
Tyler, TX
Utica, NY
Victoria, TX
Watertown, NY
Wheeling, WV-Steubenville, OH
Yuma, AZ
Zanesville, OH

Well that explains it. The sad part is that competing providers DirecTV and Time Warner both have the locals in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts