Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey all, hope your 2015 is off to a great start!

If you are a SatelliteGuys Pub Member and were alerted over the past 24 hours that you have an invoice here at SatelliteGuys here is what's happening.

First off ignore the invoice. You haven't been charged anything now will you be, it was something done automatically by the server. (which I have since turned off)

As you might remember last year we moved from vBulletin to XenForo for our software. In this move it caused some issues with Pub Memberships. A few of our great Pub Members knew that their Pub Memberships were due soon but the XenForo software was not displaying an expiration date for their Pub Memberships.

So in checking I found out that in many cases upon the expiration of their Pub Membership that their memberships did not revert back to regular member status... or to make matters worse in some cases instead of expiring their Pub Memberships, it set their expiration date to NEVER.

Now as you know SatelliteGuys relies on Pub Memberships to help pay the bills and keep the site open and free to all, so I had to take a look at what was going on, and for the first time in almost 12 years I did our first Pub Membership audit.

In going through all the Pub Memberships I found a bunch of users who still had Pub Memberships even though they expired back in 2007! I also found many users who's accounts were changed to the Never Expire data after their Pub Membership expired.

What I then did was for all Pub Members who expired or they expiration date was set to never, for those folkw who have been active here at SatelliteGuys within the past 90 days instead of cutting off their Pub Membership access, I instead gave them another month of free Pub Memberships, so that if they wish to renew (and we hope they do) that they have a month to come up with the funds to renew their membership.

For these folks when I modified / corrected their accounts they got a notice or an invoice letting them know about the change I made. AGAIN NO ONE WAS CHARGED ANYTHING, INSTEAD I GAVE THESE FOLKS ANOTHER FREE MONTH TO THANK THEM FOR THEIR SUPPORT! I was unaware of these invoices being sent until I was almost completed with my audit.

Now I am happy to report that all Pub Memberships have been properly updated for the XenForo system and going forward everything should work as designed automatically.

If you are a Pub Member and notice any issues with your account PLEASE let me know so I can correct it for you, after going through close to 700 accounts, it is possible I messed up on a small number of them. If for some reason your expiration date is wrong please PM me (don't post it here in this thread) with your email address you used with PayPal, this will allow me to set things they way they should be.

So my apologies to those members who got a scare seeing an invoice in their inboxes. I thank all Pub Members for their patience and support and for helping us keep the lights on for everyone here at SatelliteGuys!

If your not a Pub Member and want to greatly speed up your SatelliteGuys experience, get a bigger PM box and more features please CLICK HERE for more information on becoming a Pub Member! http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/account/upgrades

Thanks for your support!

Well I miss vBulletin, because it was zippy on my archaic computer. :D

I renewed in September but let me know if I missed any years.

Status
Not open for further replies.