Public Interest Channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Because I already have plenty of computers (and generic media streamers), I don't need any more devices.

Also, buying proprietary systems encourages people to keep making proprietary systems.
Perhaps you need to look at the Roku as a one-time subscription to a lot of cool content and the streamer being free. This versus buying some other manner of streamer for so many dollars and having to go out and dig up your own content.

Then there's the Apple TV model where you buy the streamer and have to turn around and buy all the content -- piece by piece.

I have bought refurbished Rokus and feel I get a lot of value out of them. As I watch more and more streaming content, the Rokus have replaced rented set-top boxes and more expensive cable/satellite services.
That said, and more on topic: I thought MHz had always offered both PC/Mac and Roku access to its free live stream and paid (rental type) on demand content. So if they did actually only offer Roku at first, perhaps I didn't even notice because I had a Roku, and that is what I wanted to use to view the stream anyway. I also agree MHz is somewhat targeting a niche audience (not everyone wants to watch foreign shows in foreign languages that only have English subtitles). What I also noticed, reviewing their Facebook page, is that a lot of viewers are apparently complaining that MHz have dropped some of the popular international broadcasters from the news lineup in favor of less popular ones. My guess is that the less popular broadcasters have deeper pockets and therefore outbid for the time. MHz also makes some claims (without much evidence) that their current business model is unsustainable for a variety of reasons and that they need to make some money on the new OTT service in order to continue operations. Perhaps renting out airtime on a nationally distributed network (DirecTV plus about 30 affiliates) and 12 OTA subchannels in the Washington, DC market (about 8-10 of which are carried on most area cable systems) isn't that profitable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts