Puerto Rico and new Premium HDs?

ljdonato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Hi all
Before "going crazy" and adding a new dish pointing to 61.5, some help, please:

1. Anyone subscribed to premium movie channels in PR and with a dish pointed 61.5: Can you see the new HD movie channels that were made available (Starz, the HBOs, etc.)?
2. I have two 6 footers, planning to add a 4.5'. For 61.5, do I need to repoint one of my 6 footers, or will a well-aligned 4.5 be enough?
3. If I install this new dish a little to the front and right of the other 2, and then turn it to face south (left), (as long as there is a clear viewpath), will there be some interference form the signal received by the other 2 dishes?: (arrows denote where the dish is facing(pointing))

ˆ ˆ
| |
| | <---- Dish 3

Dish 1 Dish 2

*(Well the lame attempt at a diagram did not work out. Dish 1 and 2 are facing "up". Dish 3 is to the extreme right of 1 and 2 and facing "left". So in theory the signal received by 3 will pass "through" the signal receive by 1 and 2. I think it would not matter, but, just to be sure, and to have more options as to where to install....)

Any help will be appreciated.

Luis

Hi all
Before "going crazy" and adding a new dish pointing to 61.5, some help, please:

1. Anyone subscribed to premium movie channels in PR and with a dish pointed 61.5: Can you see the new HD movie channels that were made available (Starz, the HBOs, etc.)?
2. I have two 6 footers, planning to add a 4.5'. For 61.5, do I need to repoint one of my 6 footers, or will a well-aligned 4.5 be enough?
3. If I install this new dish a little to the front and right of the other 2, and then turn it to face south (left), (as long as there is a clear viewpath), will there be some interference form the signal received by the other 2 dishes?: (arrows denote where the dish is facing(pointing))

ˆ ˆ
| |
| | <---- Dish 3

Dish 1 Dish 2

*(Well the lame attempt at a diagram did not work out. Dish 1 and 2 are facing "up". Dish 3 is to the extreme right of 1 and 2 and facing "left". So in theory the signal received by 3 will pass "through" the signal receive by 1 and 2. I think it would not matter, but, just to be sure, and to have more options as to where to install....)

Any help will be appreciated.

Luis

Dish will not allow you for the HD package on the 61.5. You can ask technoguy!he

Ok you might want to do what i did. One of your 6 foot antenas put it facing to 61.5 the small one to either 110 0r 119, then call dish and tell them that you "moved" to any address in the USA If they ask tell them that you already have everything installed. Another thing you will need to buy the new hd box, on that new hd box put an external antenna for the locals like wapa and get them digital because you will lose your locals. You wont get discovery tlc and others on transponder 19 because that transponder is weak, lets see if with echostar 11 at 110 Puerto Rico will get more channels.

Hi and thanks for the responses:

I'm not trying to add the packages as such (would love to, though). I'm trying to find out if, having the movie channels subscribed, I get to see their HD counterparts.

For example, right now, and for the reasons expressed so far, I don't have any HD package. But I do get HBO and Showtime HD at 110 (because I subscribe to the movie premiums).

So, basically, what I want to know is, if I point to 61.5, will I get the new premiums HD like the HBOs, Starz, Encore, etc... Would like to hear from someone in Puerto Rico that is watching them (or not watching)....

So, basically, what I want to know is, if I point to 61.5, will I get the new premiums HD like the HBOs, Starz, Encore, etc... Would like to hear from someone in Puerto Rico that is watching them (or not watching)....

I don't know about your situation, but when USAHD and SciFiHD were added, they were not activated for the AK/HI hd package even if you subscribed to the sd counterpart. They are still listed in red in our guide. We get the signal but cannot access it.

Saludos:

Me gustaria saber si alguien sabe si los nuevos canales que Dish va a anadir supuestamente en el 110 en HD se van a poder ver en P,R. ;Yo estaba considerando anadir un nuevo plato para el 61.5 pero un instalador de Dish me dijo que aguantara ya que iban a poner la mayoria de los HD en el nuevo satelite que tiraron recientemente;Hoy 08-01 Dish puso nuevos canales HD pero nada en el 110 & 119 ; Conste que yo tengo una direccion de NY pero nacarile, Hasta el momento los unicos canales en HD que tengo son HBO,SHOWTIME,HDNET,HDNETMOVIES,TNT,DISCOVERY THEATHER,SCIFI,USA,ESPN, y unos cuantos de pay per view:(

Saludos:

Me gustaria saber si alguien sabe si los nuevos canales que Dish va a anadir supuestamente en el 110 en HD se van a poder ver en P,R. ;Yo estaba considerando anadir un nuevo plato para el 61.5 pero un instalador de Dish me dijo que aguantara ya que iban a poner la mayoria de los HD en el nuevo satelite que tiraron recientemente;Hoy 08-01 Dish puso nuevos canales HD pero nada en el 110 & 119 ; Conste que yo tengo una direccion de NY pero nacarile, Hasta el momento los unicos canales en HD que tengo son HBO,SHOWTIME,HDNET,HDNETMOVIES,TNT,DISCOVERY THEATHER,SCIFI,USA,ESPN, y unos cuantos de pay per view:(

Well since you ask in spanish I'll reply:):)
Si alguno de ustedes que vive en PR quiere parte de los canales nuevos los tendra sin problema simpre y cuando sean Premiuns(HBO,CINEMAX,ENCORE , SHOWTIME y Starz).El requisito sera un 3er plato al area orbital 61.5w,El resto de los paquetes y o canales disponibles aun estamos luchando para que sean reabiertos.No hay otra forma de momento al menos que muden su cuenta aotro codigo postal.;);)

Hola technoguy
Gracias por tu contestación. Para 61.5 ¿recomiendas realinear uno de mis platos existentes de 6 pies, o se puede con una nueva instalación de un disco de 4.5? Si tengo que realinear uno de mis platos de 6, ¿cuál me recomiendas que mueva, el de 110 ó 119? Tendría que sustituirlo por uno de 4.5 así que debe ser el de mejor señal... y no sé cual de los dos (119, 110) es el de mejor señal...

Hola technoguy
Gracias por tu contestación. Para 61.5 ¿recomiendas realinear uno de mis platos existentes de 6 pies, o se puede con una nueva instalación de un disco de 4.5? Si tengo que realinear uno de mis platos de 6, ¿cuál me recomiendas que mueva, el de 110 ó 119? Tendría que sustituirlo por uno de 4.5 así que debe ser el de mejor señal... y no sé cual de los dos (119, 110) es el de mejor señal...

Lo ideal seria exactamente eso...Que utilizes uno de tus platos de 6 pies (Asi evitaras la perdida de senal o fading)y instales otro de al menos 4 pies para que completes tu setup,Recuerda que depediendo de cuantos recividores tengas switches adicionales seran necesarios.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)