Puerto Rico Local Channel WAPA and DIsh in Contract Dispute!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico Local Channel WAPA in Dispute with Dish!

Guys I was watching TV last night and saw a commercial of WAPA regarding their contract dispute and WAPA is saying that there are going to leave Dish. Their asking customers to call Dish to ask for keeping the channel. The message is after January 18, 2008 they will be leaving Dish. But today the channel is still on!

This is the first time I heard about this, Not even the retailer I work with had made comments abouts this, Did you have any other info?:confused:

Now I wonder if this situation have to do with the delay on Wapa America on the latino pckg.

Last edited:
I called the number that WAPA posted on the comercial and spoke to a CSR at 1800333Dish and she told me that WAPA is asking for too much money and that WAPA wanted WAPAAmerica part of the Deal!

You can call too Technoguy:)

They removed the WAPAA channel that they had uplinked this week, not the local version. Maybe they couldn't reach an agreement with WAPAA and now they're removing WAPA too.

I called other sources on this matter and RandallA hit the nail on this, Wapa(local Channel) is trying to use to same old tactics and asking more money on the negotiations with Dishnetwork and like Randall reported DN had removed the uplink on WapaA to make some counter actions on Wapa's demands . My contact says DN is confident that Wapa(local ch) will not be removed so will see the development on this very,very soon.:)

Yeah.. FYI dish HAS REACHED an agreement... the crawl on the screen is to call dish if u want to have it. I believe direct tv has yet to reach an agreement with them.

Dish will NOT LOSE WAPA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)