Puerto Rico Local Channels in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jim69

Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
PR
Does anyone knows if Dish is going to offer ABC HD, NBC HD, CBS HD, FOX HD, WAPA HD or Telemundo HD local channels in Puerto Rico ?

I heard that DirecTV already offers ABC HD, but I don't even know if any other of those networks is the air on HD anyway.

Let me know if you know any info about that.

Thanks.

I know there was a thread for HD upgrade for PR....cant find it now. Finally now I have some time...& can look forward to upgrade to HD....but a lot of the information for upgrade was on that thread. Can anybody help me out...with the detail.

Thanks in advance

You will find free ABC in HD OTA with an antenna, on channel 26.1
No word when Dish will have them, although in the Summit they announced that they will have 10 exclusive HD local channels for Puerto Rico.

Does anyone knows if Dish is going to offer ABC HD, NBC HD, CBS HD, FOX HD, WAPA HD or Telemundo HD local channels in Puerto Rico ?

I heard that DirecTV already offers ABC HD, but I don't even know if any other of those networks is the air on HD anyway.

Let me know if you know any info about that.

Thanks.

First Welcome to the Club!

Second all PR local channels are transmiting 480: Except telemundo some shows are in HD , soap operas, miss universe and a couple of extra things
WMTJ PBS-HD
WAPA announced that starting november they will transmit in HD
If you live in San Juan you can get like donato indicated WPRU-LD at 26.1.

Dish turn on there last spotbeam that covers PR and Cuba and I have information that I can't say now but something some will happen with the ABC HD and FOX HD with Dish! :)

[

Last edited:
Is there any update on this? They added Telemundo and WAPA sometime ago but nothing else. Football looks very ugly in SD.

ABCHD will be available on Dish soon I send a email to Storefront to a friend that works there and yes only ABC will be on pretty soon!
They are working on the FOX HD signal they turn off the WPRU ABCHD in the metro area 26.1 they are making a transition to thier new signal in th metro area :)

ABCHD will be available on Dish soon I send a email to Storefront to a friend that works there and yes only ABC will be on pretty soon!
They are working on the FOX HD signal they turn off the WPRU ABCHD in the metro area 26.1 they are making a transition to thier new signal in th metro area :)

I heard this before, I believe it when i see it. I will be very happy if they launch Fox HD. I wish ABC have an HD feed in Ponce, they used to carry the sd feed but now is gone. Nel don't get me wrong I trust your info, is dish that takes to long to make things happens.

I heard this before, I believe it when i see it. I will be very happy if they launch Fox HD. I wish ABC have an HD feed in Ponce, they used to carry the sd feed but now is gone. Nel don't get me wrong I trust your info, is dish that takes to long to make things happens.

Agreed. Will believe when I see it. Will be happy to see ABC & Fox in HD (still no news on NBC or CBS). Also will appreciate if Dish uplish Univision (Channel 11) in HD also. Its been 1 of the 1st HD channels in PR & still in SD despite we having space on the sats (I believe we have on PR spots)

Nel, this is great news. Thanks!
I don't want to hijack the thread but, can you confirm that there is no 26 (.1, .2, .3) off-air signal in the metro area? I was going nuts trying to get a signal since around storm Emily. If so, any news when they are going to turn it back on, and, will it have a stronger signal or better coverage?
Thanks in advance.

I also take the ABC feed over the air on Channel 51.1, .2 and .3. In the Mayaguez area. But since Emily was gone!!!!. There are getting the upgrade to the signal also in this area?

Nel, thanks for the info. ABC HD will be good because they broadcast some live sport events from ESPN like Nascar and the NBA. But I would really like to have the other three networks because of football.

Nel, this is great news. Thanks!
I don't want to hijack the thread but, can you confirm that there is no 26 (.1, .2, .3) off-air signal in the metro area? I was going nuts trying to get a signal since around storm Emily. If so, any news when they are going to turn it back on, and, will it have a stronger signal or better coverage?
Thanks in advance.
They turn off the OTA signal like a month ago they had a Special Temporary Liscense in that tower now they are making the transition to a new tower they will be like three months off but she told me that they will be on dish pretty soon. And yup she told me that they should have more power in the new tower

Here is the info that she gave me:

Dear Mr. Torres,

ABC, CW and LiveWell are no longer broadcasting over the air in the
San Juan area, Ponce and Mayaguez ; we are transitioning the over the air signal to new
transmitters but it will take some time. However, on a positive note,
FOX Puerto Rico is available over the air on channel 31.3 in San Juan
and across the East half of the island.
Hopefully Dish Network provides the HD version soon

We are working in bringing Fox HD in the near future
don't know how long it'll take but it's on our plans. In the meantime we'll try to improve the image quality with Dish.

Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your support. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)