Pulling shows off 922

brinack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
When I had my TIVO I was able to utilize the desktop software to pull shows onto the computer to save or put onto the laptop for times when there was not internet connectivity.

Tivo also had the ability to pull recordings from one tivo unit to another.

I currently have a 922 in the bedroom and a 612 in the living room. If the wife has a program on the 612 that I want on the 922 is there any way or program available to do this???

Is there also anyway to pull shows off the 922 or 612 to a computer????

Thanks for any insight.

When I had my TIVO I was able to utilize the desktop software to pull shows onto the computer to save or put onto the laptop for times when there was not internet connectivity.

Tivo also had the ability to pull recordings from one tivo unit to another.

I currently have a 922 in the bedroom and a 612 in the living room. If the wife has a program on the 612 that I want on the 922 is there any way or program available to do this???
Yes, just get an external HDD and you can move the shows from the 612 to the 922. Sometime in the future they will add the ability to go from the 922 to another VIP dvr but that feature isn't currently available.
Is there also anyway to pull shows off the 922 or 612 to a computer????
NO
Thanks for any insight.

x

Yes there is. i use an EyeTv HD from Elgato. 922 component to EyeTV HD to Computer. Record on Computer and can convert into H264 or mpeg4. use on my iphone and ipad. works great.

I am very intrigued.

I use a PC so im not sure this will work as it talks mostly about Macs. Although this one:

Overview EyeTV One

seems to do both.

Do you hook up a cable wire to the 922 out then into the eye tv and then to the computer??? This would be a bit of a problem as my computer is in a different room. But if this were possible I would try to figure something out as I really miss putting the shows on my computer to take with me on my various devices when I want to view them somewhere that does not have wifi access.

Thanks

I have an additional VIP 211 receiver located in my office where my computer is located. I only use it to record shows that i can save on my hard drive and copy into itunes and than use on my ipod/iphone. The Eye TV HD has a component input so that i can run a component cable from the 211 receiver to the Eye TV HD and than USB connection to the computer. i use the eye tv software to control the receiver and set up the recordings. this is the only eye TV product that will allow you to get HD recordings. the Eye TV One only had the ability to do an SD recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts