Purchase of Brighthouse by Charter.

wkrasl

Original poster
Apr 2, 2015
Ormond Beach, FL
I just learned about the purchase of Brighthouse by Charter. What does that mean to the end user subscriber like me?

My brother is a Charter subscriber in Tennessee, so I have some familiarity with how his channel lineup and menu, and his email access, differ from what I have. So will everything I do with Brighthouse, including Roadrunner email, change over to look like my brother's services? (And to the latter point, will I have to change all of my accounts and contacts to use a Charter.net address?) Or will the purchase be transparent to me?

Chances are Charter will change over Bright House services to look like your brother's services. It won't happen right away, but it would be soon after the merger would get get approved. As I posted in the Charter fourm: the deal comes with a contingency: The Comcast-TWC merger would have to be approved first. That way Charter can acquire some markets and subs from the new bigger Comcast. If the Comcast-TWC merger fails, then Charter will not acquire Bright House.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/01/business/dealbook/charter-to-buy-bright-house-networks-in-10-billion-deal.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)