Purchase VS Lease Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FredC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hey all.

Just got off a live chat with Dish about the fee for leasing a receiver and how much my bill would go down if I purchased a receiver instead. I was told there is no price difference if I lease the receiver or if I buy my own. I was also told Dish will allow up to 6 leased receivers per account. Right now I have a 625, 522,508,and 510. I own the 508 and 510, lease both the 625 and 522.
All this being true, if I was to lease 2 dual tuners and one single HD tuner (all dvr's) that would count as 5, correct? I need only a single HD receiver, in the basement nowhere near any of the other tv's. If I went with a dual HD receiver, I would have to re-cable half my house! If I can lease a single HD receiver, I could upgrade to HD without rewiring everything and Dish would cover the cost of a new dish (I have a single 500 with a DP Quad) and installing everything. If I buy the HD receiver, I have to buy the dish and install.
In my case, is there any good reason for me to buy a receiver?
Did I get good info from Dish?

Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)