Purchased / Leased

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

indurajiv

Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Fremont,CA
Hi, recently I noticed that my bill had gone up and on checking the break up, I found that a new item "New Customer Leased Primary SD Receiver - $9.00". The funny thing is I have purchased the receiver of the local market for 100 bucks. On talking to the customer rep, they are asking for a receipt. I told them I don't have it. They say that in that case they are going to keep charging. I ask them if they have a record of me leasing from them and they say it is on their system. Pretty much I am screwed. This entry in the bill has just started showing up for the last 2 months. Previously all I was paying for was "DHA Leased Receiver $5.00". There seems to be lot of bullying going on within Dish. I am sick and tired of them and am just waiting for a opportunity to exit...

Hi, recently I noticed that my bill had gone up and on checking the break up, I found that a new item "New Customer Leased Primary SD Receiver - $9.00". The funny thing is I have purchased the receiver of the local market for 100 bucks. On talking to the customer rep, they are asking for a receipt. I told them I don't have it. They say that in that case they are going to keep charging. I ask them if they have a record of me leasing from them and they say it is on their system. Pretty much I am screwed. This entry in the bill has just started showing up for the last 2 months. Previously all I was paying for was "DHA Leased Receiver $5.00". There seems to be lot of bullying going on within Dish. I am sick and tired of them and am just waiting for a opportunity to exit...

Indurajiv,

Leased receivers and Owned receivers incur the same Dollar amounts in additional fees for each extra receiver on your account.

If you have a secondary Owned receiver its a secondary receiver charge, Leased receiver is called a Lease fee.

Either way you get charged the same amount.

John

Keep raising hell with them.. I know I will when this 6months of the 2nd tv fee goes away from a phone line connection nonsense. I even install for them and I don't even get any type of discount.. which is lame IMO!

I'm a little confused. If you get a 2nd receiver from Dish, do you have a leased free and a 2nd receiver fee? Or are they both combined into the same 2nd receiver fee?

I'm a little confused. If you get a 2nd receiver from Dish, do you have a leased free and a 2nd receiver fee? Or are they both combined into the same 2nd receiver fee?
The first (usually the most expensive to lease) receiver is "free", you will have a fee for each additional receiver regardless of your ownership status of the receivers. The info is available on the dish web site and there are numerous discusions here if you want to search around and get more details.

Ross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts