Pure Speculation

BE patient

PONCH said:
I bought two boxes from the outset and stayed until the end. I did not cancel the service. I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones to get a credit. I just called and checked my account balance. So far it shows no credit. But thanks for the phone number anyway.

me

It's entirely possible that they just have not gotten to your account yet. The next time you call, ask if your account is still showing active. There's a lot of accounts that have to be processed and this is going to take some time.

being patient

spahoose,

You've been most helpful with this new info. This thread was linked to another thread and I'm wondering why it isn't more active. Anyway, I may sound disheartened and a little upset, but realise that they still have some time before they send out the final invoice. $500.00 won't save many peoples lives, but it would sure be nice to have it back. Should I call regularly or should I just wait for the final invoice? Good luck to you in the future. Lot's of people appreciate your anonymous interjection here in these forums.

Thanks again,

me

Time frame

PONCH said:
spahoose,

You've been most helpful with this new info. This thread was linked to another thread and I'm wondering why it isn't more active. Anyway, I may sound disheartened and a little upset, but realise that they still have some time before they send out the final invoice. $500.00 won't save many peoples lives, but it would sure be nice to have it back. Should I call regularly or should I just wait for the final invoice? Good luck to you in the future. Lot's of people appreciate your anonymous interjection here in these forums.

Thanks again,

me

I would call every couple of days. I'm still not sure when the final invoices will be sent out. And remember, it can still take quite a while for credits to show up on you credit cards if that is how it is going to be credited back, not saying that that will be the case for everyone.

I purposely named the original thread "speculation" because at the time, I think I was the only one that picked up on credits being applied and wasn't sure what was going on yet and I've seen too many times when some people take speculation and turn it into fact.

It's ok with me if someone wants to start a new thread that box owners can find more easily, call it "box owner alert" or something like that.

Anyway, glad I could help. Got a migraine and can't think clearly so I think I'll take two and lay down for awhile.

As someone who joined Voom at the end....I waited until Voom became affordable by enabling the lease of the receivers.

If Voom is refunding those who purchased their receivers...I say BRAVO...not alot of companies would go to that expense.

ksload said:
As someone who joined Voom at the end....I waited until Voom became affordable by enabling the lease of the receivers.

If Voom is refunding those who purchased their receivers...I say BRAVO...not alot of companies would go to that expense.
Hear, hear!! :clap :clap And a big thanks to Spahoose for tipping off box owners to this possibility!! :bow :bow :bow :clap :clap :clap Vicki :)

I give VoOm a big thumbs up for crediting people back for recievers that they have purchased. This shows that they cared about their customers. I don't think they really had to do this.

Stargazer said:
I give VoOm a big thumbs up for crediting people back for recievers that they have purchased. This shows that they cared about their customers. I don't think they really had to do this.

With talk about lawsuits, it really is the easiest way out for them. Probably not too many box owners, anyways...

riffjim4069 said:
They can always cut them a hard check and send it to their last known address. Personally, a 2 year warranty is a two year warranty - even if individuals cancelled service, they still had an opportunity return at a later time.

A warranty is different from a right to return for a full refund. The warranty probably states the item is free of manufacturing defects. You might get Motorola to fix the box if it failed, but not get Voom to buy it back from you.

Let's propose I purchase a Dish Network 921 outright, not lease, subscribe to Dish for a few months, and then drop the service. Must Dish Network pay me for my 921? No, of course not. If Dish stopped providing service that my box could receive during the duration of my subscription, I might have a cause of action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)