PVR 510 hard drive problem ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rwalborn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Southern California
I've been running into a kind of weird problem with my PVR 510. Recently I've been noticing audio sync issues and video frame jumps on programs. This seems to appear mostly on the local affiliate channels in LA like KCBS, I can't swear to that. Most is time the audio playback normally if I skip backwards and replay the scene, but the video frames are permanently gone. I haven't noticed this on any of the recorded pay for view channels. Has anybody experienced similar problems. Since I live in the suburbs of LA rain and snow are not reception problems, and my antenna is a clear shot the southern sky.

I do not get any hard drive error messages, but I was wondering if this is a forecast of future hard disk problems?

510 problem

This is a followup of my original post. I did a PVR 510 internal diagnostic test on the hard drive and it did find read errors. So I ran a program called Spinrite which was able to fix msot of the errors and retain my recorded programs. To play it safe I bought an identical model MAxtor hard drive and used a free program called EaseUS to make a sector to sector copy of the old drive to the new drive. I popped that in the 510 and it worked perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts