Q re: Superstaion Package (Dish)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I don't see this listed on the Dish website anymore. Is it still available for new subscribers?

Also, does D* have a Superstations package? If not, is there a reason?

Seems like a superstation package is a big plus for satellite over cable.

Derwin0 said:
you might want to verify iceberg.
the superstations no longer show up on my add locals page.

Derwin,

Each Local Market has exclusive rights to LOTS of Syndicated as well as Net-let content aired on the Superstations (WPIX, WWOR, WSBK, KTLA, KWGN).

Each local market channel that has exclusive rights to specific content so SOME LOCAL STATIONS can and DO ask Dish Network to blackout content. Since Dish provides the same feeds to the entire US Dish does NOT blackout content on the Superstations (except for the odd Sporting Event) so in markets that local channels have asked for Syndicated exclusivity to be enforced those markets are NO LONGER Eligible to receive Superstations from Dish Network.

Since this is at the request of YOUR LOCAL MARKET STATIONS you are out of luck in those situtations. Call you Locals and complain, your comments will fall on DEAF EARS.

John

I just checked and it's there for me!

1234 MAIN ST

CINCINNATI, OH 45202-

Sun Apr 30 20:20:37 MDT 2006

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE

Congratulations! This address is eligible for the
Cincinnati, OH Local Network Package

Click here to see a list of the channels in the package.

SUPERSTATIONS

Congratulations! This address is eligible for all Superstations.

DENVER KWGN
LOS ANGELES KTLA
NEW YORK WPIX

BOSTON WSBK
NEW YORK WWOR

Regional Sports Network with America's Top 60 Plus and higher

Fox Sports Cincinnati

-------------------------------------------

When you go to the locals page, go to the qualifications:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/index.asp

Then put in your address to see about the superstations.

Oh, and for the record, DirecTV does not offer superstations for the simple reason that they don't have to and they don't want to.

See ya
Tony

It is available but as Iceberg said it is not sold in all markets due to syndex.

JohnL said:
Derwin,

Each Local Market has exclusive rights to LOTS of Syndicated as well as Net-let content aired on the Superstations (WPIX, WWOR, WSBK, KTLA, KWGN).
yes, i realise that. Harrisburg has no WB (not even the Miami one), ie nothing to syndex. And I have Denver & LA WB's already on my account.

They were showing for me on the website a week ago. Might be something flaky on the website.

The syndex provisions do not just apply to the WB or UPN programming. They apply to all syndicated programming oin the schedule. Then again the website could be falky as well.

Derwin
I just ran an address in Harrisburg and it worked

3822 UNION DEPOSIT RD

HARRISBURG, PA 17109-

Mon May 01 07:26:33 MDT 2006

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE

Congratulations! This address is eligible for the
Harrisburg/Lancaster/Lebanon/York, PA Local Network Package

Click here to see a list of the channels in the package.

SUPERSTATIONS

Congratulations! This address is eligible for all Superstations.

DENVER KWGN
LOS ANGELES KTLA
NEW YORK WPIX

BOSTON WSBK
NEW YORK WWOR

Regional Sports Network with America's Top 60 Plus and higher

CCSN

Derwin
as for the WB, I just checked www.tvradioworld.com and it shows (now how updated is it I dont know) that the Fox affiliate has some WB and there is a low powered translator in harrisburg (channel 65) that shows Philly's WB17

That might be why you can't get WB from Miami

yeah, WPMT kills us for Miami-WB, which is wierd since WPMT is Tribune owned (as is Miami I beleive), and they have no problem with all the local cable companies piping in WPHL out of Philly (which is also Tribune owned).
Be interesting this fall what they do for CW when WPHL goes indy.

I'm guessing my info is just yet another web hiccup.

As for W65AV, I don't think WPHL runs it anymore. No one I know has been able to get it for a few years.

I just upgraded to Dish Platinum and the CSR gave me a $3.75 discount on the regular $99.99 price because she said I had superstations and locals--making it $96.24, not complaining here.---Also waived my DVR fee too??!!??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)