QAM Channels? Voom?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

leejp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
Hi...

My parents are considering a LCD Flat Panel as their kitchen TV set. Before I spring for a set with a cablecard slot (big premium over the sets with just a QAM tuner), what channels are available via the QAM tuner? I understand the scrambled premium sets are not... but are channels like YES and the VOOM channels available via the QAM tuner?

Is there a listing of the QAM HD channels for the NY Hudson Valley region (Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess)?

I too have contemplated a change to a cablecard set. But I hear alot of complaints about the cards...just getting a box adds stability and doesn't cost much more than the card.

I too have contemplated a change to a cablecard set. But I hear alot of complaints about the cards...just getting a box adds stability and doesn't cost much more than the card.

Sure... but now I have to figure out how to install the box on my wall mounted LCD. I fished the coax and ac, where/how I place the box is going to be a pain in the A$$.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts