Qbr

Neutronite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Hi:
I watched the 49ers VS the Bengals last night. Shaun Hill's performance temporarily has changed the 49ers image somewhat.
In 1½ games his stats are 43/55 Completed Passes, 378 Passing Yds and 2 TDS Passes with zero Pass INT's. I calculated 107.99 QBR using this formula:
1. [(CP/PA)-0.3]/0.2
2. [(PY/PA)-3]/4
3. [(TDP/PA)]/0.05
4. [(0.095)-(INT/PA)]/0.04
5. [(ADD 1-4) X 100]/6
According to:
NCAA and NFL Passing Efficiency computation
Their QBR is 107.42
I have checked my calculations and I still get 107.99
OK you experts tell me what I have done wrong. I have followed the correct algebraical rules.
Thnx

Last edited:
Neutronite,
Your figuring out the NFL's Passer rating.
Whats the matter with you ......
Are you really that bored ?

You must have WAY too much time on your hands. :D

Jimbo

Neutronite,
Your figuring out the NFL's Passer rating.
Whats the matter with you ......
Are you really that bored ?

You must have WAY too much time on your hands. :D

Jimbo
What are you going to do with your time after LSU mangles OSU? BTW I understand you guys are going to the coliseum next year. We'll see how good you guys are:rolleyes:

What are you going to do with your time after LSU mangles OSU? BTW I understand you guys are going to the coliseum next year. We'll see how good you guys are:rolleyes:

1. Same thing I did after last years loss (if that happens this year), accept and move on.

2. Yes we are and they are coming here the next year.
I am sure that IF Ohio State wins, you all will still say that we haven't played anyone and that USC is having a down year, SSDY ...

Jimbo

1. Same thing I did after last years loss (if that happens this year), accept and move on.

2. Yes we are and they are coming here the next year.
I am sure that IF Ohio State wins, you all will still say that we haven't played anyone and that USC is having a down year, SSDY ...

Jimbo
Changing the subject a little but still within CFB, Rich Rodriguez stated already that he will try to adapt the spread offense in Michigan(unless I misunderstood). Michigan has been a passing team for quite a while. What do you think?
Thnx

MICHIGAN is considered a running school from way back, but the truth is we threw the ball 32 times a game last season. West Va. averaged 20 attempts a game last season. So it will be interesting since W. Va. actually ran the ball more than we did. Curious to see if Mallett sticks around if Rodriguez manages to bring Terrelle Pryor on board. That kid fits into the spread offense like a glove.

MICHIGAN is considered a running school from way back, but the truth is we threw the ball 32 times a game last season. West Va. averaged 20 attempts a game last season. So it will be interesting since W. Va. actually ran the ball more than we did. Curious to see if Mallett sticks around if Rodriguez manages to bring Terrelle Pryor on board. That kid fits into the spread offense like a glove.

That kid(Terrelle Pryor), may well be going to Ohio State !

Come on Jim, work you magic :)

Jimbo

This may have something to do with it... His completion percentage is 78.1 but would be capped at 77.5 in the NFL.

The more important difference is that the NFL values are "capped," while the NCAA values are not. For example, the NFL caps for completion percentage are 30% (low end) and 77.5% (high end). A passer who completes 90% of his passes gets the same score for completion percentage as one who completes 77.5%. A passer who completes 10% of his passes gets the same score for completion percentage as one who completes 30%.

This may have something to do with it... His completion percentage is 78.1 but would be capped at 77.5 in the NFL.

The more important difference is that the NFL values are "capped," while the NCAA values are not. For example, the NFL caps for completion percentage are 30% (low end) and 77.5% (high end). A passer who completes 90% of his passes gets the same score for completion percentage as one who completes 77.5%. A passer who completes 10% of his passes gets the same score for completion percentage as one who completes 30%.
I disagree with you entirely. If I go by your assertion the difference would be much larger than I pointed out. With ALL due respect and for your benefit here are Shaun Hill's stats. Please compute using both formulas( mine posted and the NFL link formula). I hope you have a calculator with a good memory which avoids rounding off until the very end when you can safely do .
Thank you

I disagree with you entirely. If I go by your assertion the difference would be much larger than I pointed out. With ALL due respect and for your benefit here are Shaun Hill's stats.:
43/55 passes, 378 yds, 2 TD's, 0 INT's

Please compute using both formulas( mine posted and the NFL link formula). I hope you have a calculator with a good memory which avoids rounding off until the very end when you can safely do .
Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts