QUANDRY: 622 w/ Dish 500 HD only??

vampirefish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Howdy folks, decided to post here in the HD forum, since I kind of started a different thread a week or so ago in the tech forum and it's been morphing.

Ok, here's my story (don't we all have one)...sigh...:no

I had an install date for my new 622 and the Dish guy couldn't get the 129 signal. Not too surprising since it took them 2 different calls to get a 110 and 119 signal (fishy if you ask me). Anyhoo.... no signal, NO HD.

So I switch gears and think that maybe I'll go the 721 route (no DVR fees but dual tuners). Then I'm reading on at all of my options.... and I have found myself in a quandry..

I currently have a Dish 500 (pointing to the 119 and 110) and 3 receivers (501, 301 and I think a 2700 or something). If I were to go ahead and use my 622 (haven't sent it back yet), I know I would have to upgrade my LNBF (to a DDP Twin) for it to work properly. My plan would then be to get rid of my 301 and 2700 and just use my existing 501...so I wouldn't need to use any switches, right (I currently am not using any)?

So if I do this (keep the 622) would it be worth it ? Could I even activate it with Dish and receive the HD on the 110? I know there are HD channels on 110 (as well as my Seattle local HD channels now)... Does anyone know if ALL HD channels will be moving to 129 and that I would be SOL if I did this? Any advice here would be much appreciated. If I'm only missing out on some channels... it won't kill me...

Also what about the 61.5? I'm not even sure if the Dish installer looked at that...

signed,
HD-less in Seattle

If you own it you could activate it without hd and just be charged the $6 enabling fee for the OTA hd tuner,(which is what I do currently). The CSR computer insisted I have a dish 1000 so she opened a work order and then closed it so their system thinks I have a dish 1000. In reality I have a dish 500 for 110 and 119 and I just put up a second dish 500 just for 129. 61.5 is hard to get on the west coast. If this is a leased 622 then you will have to have an HD package. Just tell them you have a dish 1000 and want whatever hd package and you will get whats on 110 and not the others. In my opinion so far the 622 is worth it even just for SD programming. You would have a dvr for all your tv's and be able to record OTA HD instead of the dish locals.

Thanks, osu1991. I got put on the 'lease' plan.... wouldn't mind buying it but I think that Dish would charge me the full amt (unlike what you can find it for now). Anyway, I would like HD, however.... as they add more channels ... if they're mostly on 129 and I'm wrapped up in a 1 to 2 year dealio with that package..... decisions, decisions...

The new prices are making it easier to buy in my opinion . I paid 429 total about 3 weeks ago. For me a better deal as I can dvr local OTA HD and add or drop the HD package when I want it, which will be the World Cup in a couple of weeks. The extra 129 dollars and not being told what programming or how long I have to keep it was worth it to me. Though I have been a DISH customer for ten years and probably won't be dropping them anytime soon.

Me too... long time subscriber and love it! So do you think I should just call Dish, tell them I want to buy the receiver and subscribe to whatever HD channels I can? Is Dish selling these now for $429?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts