Quantum Leap Coming Back!

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
The plot has already been shot and it looks like Scott Bakula may be coming back.

I wonder, with the years passing, and if Bakula is actually coming back and older, it would be interesting to show that he's been leaping for the past 30 years.

Also to see how they handle the passing of Dean Stockwell.

Looking forward to it.

Reactions: TheKrell and FTA4PA
The plot has already been shot and it looks like Scott Bakula may be coming back.

I wonder, with the years passing, and if Bakula is actually coming back and older, it would be interesting to show that he's been leaping for the past 30 years.

Looking forward to it.

I'm in if Bakula is involved otherwise probably not interested. :rolleyes

Looking forward to it.

Gooshie (Dennis Wolfberg) also passed away, decades ago. :(

That guy was hilarious stand-up comedy wise.

I just got the blu-rays for the series. This show was very good.

With Scott Bakula being older, I'm curious if they'll go the route of having Sam take the Al role, and have a new person doing the leaping.

It's official...but NO Bakula.
Sad if that's the case. We probably would not have interest in it then but would still give the pilot a watch just to be sure. The article mentions that Bakula has a possible series in the works for November or as a mid-season replacement called Unbroken. May be interested in that one as we really like him. :)

It wasn't worth it. HORRIBLE casting, an expo expo. I see an early cancellation in their future.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I did watch the pilot as I said I would. My wife did not want to. I thought it was OK. Does not have the charm of the original to me but then I am speaking as a fan of the original so there is bias. It was nice to at least see the visual references to both Sam and Al. Considering the 'mysterious' story line revealed at the end I'm still hoping for a tie in and appearance of Backula at some point. I guess I will watch a few more episodes.

I did watch the pilot as I said I would. My wife did not want to. I thought it was OK. Does not have the charm of the original to me but then I am speaking as a fan of the original so there is bias. It was nice to at least see the visual references to both Sam and Al. Considering the 'mysterious' story line revealed at the end I'm still hoping for a tie in and appearance of Backula at some point. I guess I will watch a few more episodes.
That's what they said about Magnum P.I. and the fans brought it back after it was canceled.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I wasn't all that impressed. I'll give it a couple more tries. I was really hoping to like it since I dropped NCIS: Hawaii this year (except for the crossover). Never really watched the original since I was occupied from 89-93.

S~

It's been make clear there will be no Bakula.

• Sad
It's been make clear there will be no Bakula.

True, it was made clear that he would not be in the reboot. That does not mean that he won't change his mind at some point, especially if the show becomes popular again. No, he won't ever be starring in it again but the door is left open for a guest appearance by his original character at some point. I would love to see the Sam never returned home ending from the original be resolved. Only time will tell. ;)

I guess I liked it because it was nice seeing them talk about Al and Sam Beckett. Also the Daughter of Al is now involved to keep it interesting. But Sci fi is my jam.

Reactions: FTA4PA
For me the casting isn't the issue, it's the writing (i.e., what they've done with the cast). Everyone is rather bland, especially Addison and Ian. Yes, Ian, the quintessential tech-geek-with-a-quirk trope, but here relatively mild regardless of whatever eye-makeup or funky sports coat they put on him.

I like Raymond Lee playing supporting roles, but he just doesn't have enough of an "it" factor to carry this weak collection of characters. I say that with the caveat that it's only been one episode, and there hasn't been much in the way of character development yet. But just based on their general personalities, they come off as bland overall.

On the plus-side, I am intrigued by the meta-story involving Al's daughter and the search for Sam.