Quarry on Cinemax VOD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

avion

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Chicagoland
I missed Quarry when it was shown originally on Cinemax. Now that I started watching it on VOD I noticed that only the first 6 episodes are available out of the total of 8. What gives? Is this normal to not have the later episodes available? Are they being added in stages?

I also noticed that the 1st 5 episodes are available to watch for about a month but the 6th episodes for about 3 days. Why?

I assume Cinemax controls both the availability of episodes and for how long but I wonder why they would it this way.

Have you tried logging in to Max Go and using that? You'd have to watch on a PC or a tablet most likely but at least you'd be able to watch the episodes.

I can't easily post links but if you go to maxgo.com and search for Quarry it has all the episodes available.

Have you tried logging in to Max Go and using that? You'd have to watch on a PC or a tablet most likely but at least you'd be able to watch the episodes.

I can't easily post links but if you go to maxgo.com and search for Quarry it has all the episodes available.

Thanks for your reply.

What I found is that while the content I was looking for it isn't available via the Hopper, it is available via Dish Online. It meant that I had to drag an HDMI cable from my laptop to my AV receiver (I like to watch on a large screen...) but it worked. I am not sure why content is available to stream from dishonline but not via the Hopper.

Sometimes some episodes are split across two different "places" on Dish VOD. And sometimes the episodes episodes are listed OUT of order because Dish may start with "1" instead of "01." I've seen this error on other services. Also, some episodes can be labeled or listed incorrectly (brother, have I come across that more than a few times) causing us to think the episode is not available. So here is the RULE PEOPLE: YOU MUST START WITH "01" otherwise episode 1 will be next to episode 11. Now that is a ROOKIE thing to learn using computer style numbering order.

Bottom line is that the VOD listings are NOT being cared for in a LOVING, detail oriented way. Sometimes I get the feeling that at Dish they have interns deal with all this stuff, and it results in an unreliable experience. They should just pay someone GOOD MONEY to do it right with attention to detail. Subscribers are turning to VOD more and more on Dish (especially for TV shows) to access content paid for with a Dish subscription and Dish ought to treat it far more seriously than it seem to at this point.

Thanks for your reply.

What I found is that while the content I was looking for it isn't available via the Hopper, it is available via Dish Online. It meant that I had to drag an HDMI cable from my laptop to my AV receiver (I like to watch on a large screen...) but it worked. I am not sure why content is available to stream from dishonline but not via the Hopper.
It seems dish tends to have a larger on demand selection on dish anywhere than they do on the hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts