question....2 hopper 4joey setup.

oldschoolcopperrepairman

Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
athol ma
if i have all 6 tuners on the 6th tuner is left with no sat signal? i can make this "hop" between tuners. ie shutting off 2 switching the one with no signal on then turning on what was say the 5th tuner now that one has no signal.. hopper or joey doesn't matter. is this normal.? i thought that at least it should be able to mirror one of the other tuners or access one of the dvr's but that isn't an option. it only pulls up the acquiring signal screen or if i bounce around with guide and cancel buttons i can get red button to pull up usage screen and it shows other devices being used but that tuner i am on shows signal loss ?? i have had service for 2 weeks now. any info would be appreciated. thanks

You should never have a signal loss on any of the six tuners. They should all work. Time to get a tech out.

DIRT might have some more additional troubleshooting steps:

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are official reps from Dish that are active on the forum right now. Just send them a private message with your account or phone number.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php (scroll down to the bottom)

Try running a check switch on the hopper that has the one tuner not connected. That should fix it. I had satellite signal loss on my hopper quite a lot when I first got it and a check switch fixed every time. Hasn't happened to me in a good while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)